4 cocktails so adults can celebrate the release of Disney+, too

0
1
exc-5dccadebad8d8a31b5a96751

Nov. 11 was the release date for Disney+, Disney’s new streaming service. For just $6.99 a month, you can enjoy “the best stories in the world, all in one place,” according to the website. The service will include timeless Disney classics, Pixar animated films, comic book-inspired stories from the Marvel Universe, the Star Wars saga, shows and movies from National Geographic and original content. This new service is offering both excitement and nostalgia. If you’re like me, you want to enjoy your free trial in style the mature way by mixing up some delicious cocktails. Below are four simple and delicious Disney+ inspired recipes, perfect for all your viewing party needs.  

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app.  Photo by    Leighann Renee    on    Unsplash   .

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app. Photo by Leighann Renee on Unsplash.

Mickey Mouse Mud Slide 

Ingredients: 

1 oz. Oreo vodka 

1 oz. white chocolate liqueur 

1 cup of ice cream, chocolate or vanilla  

Oreos, for garnish  

Cherry, for garnish  

In a blender, combine all the liquid ingredients. Add extra ice cubes or pieces of Oreo cookie for a thicker consistency. Pour into a tall glass. Add whipped cream and place cookies in the shape of mouse ears. Add a cherry for garnish. Like Disney’s original mascot, this cocktail is casual and laid-back, and plenty sweet with just a little kick. 

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app.  Photo by    Miguel Ángel Sánchez Troncoso    on    Unsplash   .

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app. Photo by Miguel Ángel Sánchez Troncoso on Unsplash.

Star Wars Tatooine Sunrise 

Ingredients: 

1 oz. tequila 

2 oz. orange juice 

2 maraschino cherries to garnish 

Grenadine syrup to taste 

Disney+ is streaming the entire Star Wars saga as well as original Star Wars content. The series even has its own theme park attractions, meaning Star Wars is deserving of one of the cocktails on our list. The Tatooine Sunrise is essentially a tequila sunrise with a fun, galactic twist. To make, pour the tequila and orange juice into a chilled glass. Slowly add spoonfuls of grenadine to taste. Garnish with two maraschino cherries to represent the two suns on Tatooine, the classic Star Wars’ planet.  

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app.  Photo by    Elijah O'Donnell    on    Unsplash   .

Here are 4 Disney-inspired cocktails perfect to drink while binging old favorites on the new Disney+ streaming app. Photo by Elijah O’Donnell on Unsplash.

The Iron Man 

Ingredients:  

2 oz. grenadine 

2 oz. Drambuie liqueur 

4 oz. orange juice 

2 oz. scotch 

Marvel is also a major subcategory under the Disney umbrella, and like Star Wars, every Marvel Universe movie will be streaming on the new service. This cocktail is an ode to the Avenger’s leading man: Tony Stark, himself. Combine all the liquids in a tall flute glass, letting them settle into a red and gold ombre pattern. Garnish with an orange slice.  

Wildcat Punch 

Ingredients (makes a large serving bowl): 

½ liter raspberry vodka 

½ liter coconut vodka 

1 liter cran-raspberry juice 

1 liter Sprite 

Orange slices and raspberries for garnish 

Personally, I associate Disney, and now Disney+, with DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies, for the less-cultured). This new streaming service will be host to a number of reboots, remakes and spinoffs, including “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.” This fruity punch pays homage to our favorite East High Wildcats. Simply combine all ingredients in a very large serving bowl with ice. If you want to get fancy, order a paw-print ice mold for some Wildcat-inspired cubes. Add orange slices and raspberries for garnish. Serve only to those willing to participate in karaoke all night long. 

Thumbnail photo courtesy of @disneyplus Instagram.

“Thirsty Thursday is created by of-age students in the Daily Campus Life section. Recommendations can be sent to life@dailycampus.com. We will respond if sober.”