Mail Over Break: What you need to know

0
4

The last day mailrooms on campus will be open is Friday, Nov. 22. Students should be aware of address changes and service hours during Thanksgiving break.  Photo by Mike Mavredakis/The Daily Campus

The last day mailrooms on campus will be open is Friday, Nov. 22. Students should be aware of address changes and service hours during Thanksgiving break. Photo by Mike Mavredakis/The Daily Campus

Friday, Nov. 22 is the last day mailrooms on campus will be open, University of Connecticut Mail Services Manager Tracy Cree said. 

“Mailrooms are closed the entire week,” Cree said.  “So break is Saturday to Sunday, so basically, Saturday the 23rd through Sunday the 30th.  So technically, we reopen on Monday the second of December.”  

Even though mailrooms are closed during the break, the central warehouse will remain open next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. 

“I want people to really understand that if they want to pick up a package that has arrived during the week of Thanksgiving that you’re off — because some people are still on campus because they’re unable to travel or what have you — they can come down to the warehouse on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday from 8 to 4 as long as they have a tracking number and what day it arrived, we can try to go through the bags of packages and look for their packages,” Cree said. 

Cree also stressed the importance of updating automatic subscription services. 

“A lot of people forget to change their address to mail things that they regularly receive, whether it’s prescription drugs, you might have refills for razors or anything that you might want to use over break, you know, to send those home,” Cree said.  

Cree also said to keep the same tips in mind when ordering close to winter break, too. 

For more information, go to studentmail.uconn.edu.

Luke Hajdasz is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at luke.hajdasz@uconn.edu.