UConn Police investigating burglary in South Campus

0
8

An unknown college-aged male entered an apartment in Wilson Residence Hall Saturday, claiming to be there to work on the television. When he left, several electronic and clothing items were missing.  Photo screenshot from the Crime Alert email.

An unknown college-aged male entered an apartment in Wilson Residence Hall Saturday, claiming to be there to work on the television. When he left, several electronic and clothing items were missing. Photo screenshot from the Crime Alert email.

The University of Connecticut Police Department is currently investigating a burglary that occurred in South Campus’ Nellie Louise Wilson Residence Hall on Saturday.

A resident of a suite in Wilson observed an unknown college-aged male enter their apartment at around 7 p.m. and claim to be there to work on a television for one of the occupants, according to a Crime Alert approved by UCPD Chief Hans Rhynhart. After the male left, the resident discovered several electronic and clothing items missing.

The offender is unknown at this time and anyone with information regarding the crime is asked to contact UCPD, according to the Crime Alert.

The alert was sent out in accordance with the Clery Act, which requires the University alert the campus community to certain crimes in a manner that is timely and will aid in the prevention of similar crimes.

“This notice does not mean there has been an increase in crime or that any specific crime pattern exists,” the alert said.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is the news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.