2020 is a promising year for music festival lineups

0
4

Festivals, from Coachella to Governors Ball, have very promising lineups for the upcoming music festival season. Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, and Lana Del Rey are some of the artists headlining Coachella this year.  Photo by    Bobby Stevenson    on    Unsplash

Festivals, from Coachella to Governors Ball, have very promising lineups for the upcoming music festival season. Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, and Lana Del Rey are some of the artists headlining Coachella this year. Photo by Bobby Stevenson on Unsplash

With music festival season coming soon, there is a lot to be excited about when it comes to festival lineups. From Coachella and Bonnaroo to Governors Ball and Hangout Fest, 2020 has no shortage of entertaining lineups.  

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will take place in Indio, California on the weekends of April 10 through 12 and April 17 through 19. Headliners include Rage Against The Machine, Travis Scott and Frank Ocean. Other notable acts include Calvin Harris, Flume, Lana Del Rey, Run The Jewels, Lil Uzi Vert and Thom Yorke. One artist to watch out for in this lineup is rapper YBN Cordae who will be at the festival on April 10 and 17. Also notable is singer Chelsea Cutler who is performing on April 11 and 18. If you’re into R&B, Emotional Oranges is a group you may want to check out. They will be playing at the festival on  April 12 and 19. They are similar to artists like Ari Lenox in terms of their sound. Songs to check out from Emotional Oranges include “Just Like You” and “Sundays.” 

Another festival to check out this spring is Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The festival will take place between May 14 and May 17 and the headliners are Billie Eilish, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Post Malone and Marshmello. Lana Del Rey, Cage the Elephant and Illenium will also appear at the festival as supporting headliners. If you are interested in checking out an up-and-coming hip hop collective, 99 Neighbors may be your group. Songs like “Welcome to Chili’s” and “19” are sure to get audiences excited at the festival.  

Want to attend a music festival in New York City? The Governors Ball Music Festival is your festival. Taking place between June 5 and 7 on Randall’s Island, Gov Ball’s headliners will include acts such as Tame Impala, Missy Elliott, Vampire Weekend and Flume. Artists like Stevie Nicks, Miley Cyrus, Solange and Ellie Goulding will also be performing at the festival. An artist you may want to check out at the festival is Poppy Jean Crawford. She is an alternative singer whose music can be described as laid back guitar music. Songs to check out from Poppy Jean Crawford  include “Jonsies Gonesies” and “Same Old Tricks.” 

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is a festival that is in Manchester, Tennessee between June 11 and June 14. This year’s headliners feature acts like The Grand Ole Opry, Tool, Lizzo and Tame Impala. Supporting headliners will include Bassnectar, Oysterhead, Lana Del Rey and Flume. If you are looking for an indie artist to jam out to at Bonnaroo, Still Woozy may be up your alley. His blend of indie rock and electronic music is perfect for anyone looking for a hazy listening experience. Songs of his to listen to include “Goodie Bag” and “Lava.” 

Tickets are still available for Bonnaroo and Governors Ball on their respective websites while Hangout Festival and Coachella are sold out. 

Ian Ward is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at ian.ward@uconn.edu