Peart among impressive weigh-ins ahead of Reese’s Senior Bowl Game

0
0
exc-5e2a5b2109f71f5734b1fa8f

The Huskies lost against ECU after a close game with a final score of 24-31. The team closes the season with a record of 2-10 overall.   Photo by Eric Wang/The Daily Campus

The Huskies lost against ECU after a close game with a final score of 24-31. The team closes the season with a record of 2-10 overall.

Photo by Eric Wang/The Daily Campus

Former UConn Football Captain Matthew Peart has impressed ahead of this weekend’s Reese’s Senior Bowl Game. Peart, who will be playing for the game’s North Team, kicked off the weeks activities with the all-important weigh-ins, standing out on the draft-watchers list. The former UConn tackle was listed as one of nine standouts from the weigh-ins, from a report by NBC Sports. Each year, the top players in college football travel to Mobile, Alabama to play for NFL coaches in the game of the year.  

The post-season all-star game showcases the best NFL draft prospects of those players who have completed their collegiate eligibility. 

Late last year, the then outgoing captain talked with The Daily Campus, “I mean, it feels great just knowing all your hard work has paid off and getting recognition from those people is really spectacular, and I’m just grateful for the opportunity,” Peart said following his announcement that he has accepted the invitation to the Senior Bowl.  

NFL Draft pundits list Peart as a prime prospect for the Chicago Bears, and the Detroit Lions. This weekend’s game kicks off at 1:30 p.m., at the Ladd-Peebles Stadium, in Mobile Alabama.  

Nicholas Martin is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at nicholas.r.martin@uconn.edu.