HomeLifeSnuggle up with what’s coming and leaving Netflix in February

Snuggle up with what’s coming and leaving Netflix in February

A photo of a TV starting up Netflix. There are both new and old shows and movies being released on Netflix this month.  Photo by    freestocks.org    from    Pexels   .

A photo of a TV starting up Netflix. There are both new and old shows and movies being released on Netflix this month. Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels.

Although Netflix doesn’t add as many titles to its catalog during February because the month is shorter than others, there are still a handful of titles worth seeking out. For example, the sequel to the hit 2018 rom-com “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” will be released on Feb. 12 under the name “P.S. I Still Love You.” Meanwhile, the current five “Jeopardy!” collections will be removed from Netflix at the end of the month; however, three new collections will be added in their place. 

Beginning with what’s being added to the streaming service, classics like “Back to the Future Part III,” “Blade Runner: The Final Cut” and “Purple Rain,” the 1984 film about Prince finding his way in the world, will be added at the beginning of the month. For superhero fans, “Hancock,” starring Will Smith, will also be added at the beginning of the month, while the final season of The CW’s “Arrow” will be added to Netflix on Feb. 5. 

A teaser image for the new Netflix series Locke and Key. Season one will be released on February 7th.  @lockeandkeynetflix

A teaser image for the new Netflix series Locke and Key. Season one will be released on February 7th. @lockeandkeynetflix

On Feb. 7, Season 1 of the Netflix Original “Locke and Key” will premiere. Based on Joe Hill’s dark comic book series of the same name, “Locke and Key” follows the story of three siblings who move into their late father’s childhood home and discover a set of keys that grant them magical powers. What really makes the plot interesting is figuring out how the siblings are going to protect the keys from the evil force after them. 

On Feb. 9, season four of “Better Call Saul” will be added to the streaming site, while Feb. 13 will see the addition of Season 2 of “Narcos: Mexico.” Fans of the “Shaun the Sheep” movies and shows may be pleasantly surprised that on Feb. 14 the Netflix Original “A Shaun The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon” will premiere. Volume 3 of “The Chef Show” will premiere on Feb. 19 and will star Jon Favreau and Roy Choi as they continue to cook more incredible dishes with celebrities. 

Keep an eye out for a couple interesting Netflix Original documentaries or docuseries like “Restaurants on the Edge” that sees a group of experts turn failing waterfront restaurants into beautiful dining experiences, and “Babies,” a documentary exploring the beginning of a baby’s life and the rapid learning and growth that occur over a short period of time. 

Sci-fi fans may be interested in “Starship Troopers,” which will be added on Feb. 15, while the long-awaited second season of “Altered Carbon” will premiere on Feb. 27 with Anthony Mackie among its cast. Season 1 of “Followers” will also be added on Feb. 27; the Japanese show is described as being similar to “Black Mirror.” 

As for what’s leaving Netflix: From Feb. 14-21, notable entries like “District 9,” “Peter Rabbit,” “Charlotte’s Web,” “Lincoln” and “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” will be removed. On Feb. 29, comedies “50/50,” “Stripes” and “Up in the Air” will leave while children’s movies “Igor” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” will be removed as well. Also, “The Matrix” trilogy and dramas “American Beauty” and “Rachel Getting Married” will say goodbye to the streaming site for the time being. 

For a full list of what’s coming and leaving Netflix in February, check out bgr.com

Brandon Barzola is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at brandon.barzola@uconn.edu.