Letter to the Editor: West Is Winning

0
3
exc-5e3ccffe0e665361c44cd390

A life where you always show up with your game face on. A life of tradition and pride, of unwavering integrity. I am a Husky at heart, and as such I need to live those values and make some apologies.   File photo from the Daily Campus

A life where you always show up with your game face on. A life of tradition and pride, of unwavering integrity. I am a Husky at heart, and as such I need to live those values and make some apologies. File photo from the Daily Campus

To whom it may concern,

My name is Stephen Winchell. Readers of this paper have likely seen a certain phrase emblazoned on the wall of the Student Union: “Students Today. Huskies Forever.” As an undergraduate, I never grasped the importance of those words. But now, over a decade since my graduation, I finally understand, deep in my soul, the meaning of this mantra. Being a Husky means living a certain kind of life. A life where you always show up with your game face on. A life of tradition and pride, of unwavering integrity. I am a Husky at heart, and as such I need to live those values and make some apologies.

First, I’d like to apologize for the behavior of my fellow alumnus Sean Rose (CLAS ’09). I understand that he is once again spamming this paper with nonsense letters. Let me be very clear: Mr. Rose is not operating at 100%. It’s sad — but not surprising — to see this fellow Son of Jonathan acting like a whiny little baby. I feel like I need to take responsibility for this. For some reason, it was my letters that brought him out from under his troll bridge, and now he’s spewing his inane riddles at all of you. For this, I am sorry.

Second, I’d like to apologize to the hard-working staff at The Daily Campus. Your plates are already so full. On top of your studies and your obligations to your deadlines, you now have to deal with the unfiltered nonsense of Mr. Rose. No one should have to shoulder all that responsibility. I am so sorry.

And lastly, I’d like to apologize to planet earth for the existence of Towers. Towers is an ostentatious eyesore, a glittering piece of costume jewelry full of pretentious blowhards who have never known the toils of a hard day’s work. The world did not need another bloated hive of trust-fund glitterati, yet Towers endures. Speaking as a Husky, I am so sorry that we gave this trash to the world.

Thank goodness for West, a beacon of hope in this dreary age. West and the good folks who live and have lived there are sturdy enough to weather Mr. Rose’s weak attempts at insult. For West, I offer no apology.

Thank you for your time. God bless UConn, and God Bless West.

Stephen Winchell
CLAS, ’08

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by individual writers in the opinion section do not reflect the views and opinions of The Daily Campus or other staff members. Only articles labeled “Editorial” are the official opinions of The Daily Campus.