Melissa’s Menu: One pan recipes

0
1
exc-5e4b4f3279fe5b341b6a2b5d

One pan recipes are ridiculously easy. All you need to do is prep your ingredients, throw them on a baking sheet and stick them in the oven. There aren’t many other meals that require as little time and effort. These two recipes are the perfect place to start if you’re new to the idea of a one pan meal. They’re super flavorful, delicious and easy to make. The first recipe, one pan chicken and veggies, is a really healthy but satisfying meal. The chicken, paired with sweet potatoes and broccoli, is seasoned perfectly with garlic, rosemary and paprika. The second recipe, one pan parmesan crusted salmon, is super decadent. The salmon is baked in a crispy parmesan crust and pairs wonderfully with the asparagus. The best part of one pan recipes? Virtually no cleanup! 

Photo via tasty.co

Photo via tasty.co

One pan chicken and veggies 

Ingredients 

2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts 

1 large sweet potato, diced 

1 head of broccoli, or large bag of broccoli florets 

4 cloves of minced garlic 

2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary 

1 tablespoon of paprika 

Salt, to taste 

Pepper, to taste 

2 tablespoons of olive oil 

Directions 

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out the sweet potato, chicken breasts and broccoli. 

Evenly distribute the garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper over the entire pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the juices from the chicken run clear.  

Photo via tasty.co

Photo via tasty.co

Parmesan crusted salmon 

Ingredients 

6 ounces of skinless salmon 

7 ounces of asparagus 

Olive oil, to taste 

Salt, to taste 

Pepper, to taste 

1 egg 

For parmesan crust: 

1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese 

1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped 

Salt, to taste 

Directions 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, mix the parmesan crust ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Dredge the salmon in the egg and then coat it with the parmesan. Place the salmon on a baking sheet. Lay asparagus beside the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. 

Melissa Scrivani is the associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.