Student Life Awards submissions are due today

0
0

Student Life Award winners from a previous year accept their awards.  Photo courtesy of the    Student Life Awards    website

Student Life Award winners from a previous year accept their awards. Photo courtesy of the Student Life Awards website

All Student Life Awards nominations are due today, Feb. 24 at noon for anyone interested in nominating an individual student, faculty member or organization on campus. 

The Student Life Awards, designed to recognize exceptional members of the University of Connecticut community, highlight various students, organizations and faculty members for the positive impact that they have on UConn’s campuses. 

The awards can recognize individuals or organizations that contribute UConn from their commitment to diversity and their representation of UConn pride and spirit to their dedication to major leadership projects. There are currently 22 nominations that can be given to individuals and five designated specifically for organizations. 

After nominations for individuals and organizations have been submitted, both nomination acceptances and statements of support for the nominees must be submitted by Feb. 28 at noon. Only nominees that have accepted their nominations are considered, so it is critical that anyone or any organization nominated accept their nomination by this deadline. 

For any submission to the Student Life Awards nominations, there is at least one essay to accompany it. Those nominating another person or organization must explain how they are familiar with the nominee and provide examples as to how they meet the criteria for the specific awards, while those nominating themselves must explain how they meet the requirements for the award for which they are applying. 

Once finalists for each individual award have been selected, they will all gather for the 2020 Student Life Awards in the coming months. At this event, the finalists and recipients will be recognized for their contribution to the UConn community. 

Thomas Alvarez is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at thomas.alvarez@uconn.edu.