UConn finishes 8th at the Fort Lauderdale Intercollegiate Tournament

0
8

This past weekend UConn golf took on the Fort Lauderdale Intercollegiate Tournament and finished in eighth place.  Photo courtesy of Unsplash

This past weekend UConn golf took on the Fort Lauderdale Intercollegiate Tournament and finished in eighth place. Photo courtesy of Unsplash

Redshirt senior Drake Hull was able to lead the Huskies to an eighth place finish in the 15th Intercollegiate Tournament. The team shot 5-under par 283 in the second round, and finished Tuesday with a 2-under par 286 to secure their position at eighth.  

The Huskies shot an aggregate 7-over, 302-283-286 for a grand total of 871. Hull fired a second consecutive 1-under 71 on Tuesday, finishing with a 1-over, 75-71-71, to finish with 217, tied for 21st place. His performance gave him 10 rounds of par-or-better for the year.  

Junior Jack Boulger also finished in a 26th place tie. He shot a 2-over, 76-70-72 to finish at 218. This is his third and fourth rounds this season for par-or-better. Moreover, sophomore Jared Nelson finished four spots below Boulgar in a tie for 30th place. Nelson hit a 3-over, 77-71-71 to total 219. As a result, his total of par-or-better rounds was topped to seven for the year.  

Another tie for 44th place came when junior Finn Boynton shot a 7-over for the day, 74-77-72 for a total of 223, which included his second round of par-or-better. Redshirt junior Chandler Morris finished in a tie for 59th as he shot a 12-over for the day at 77-71-80, finishing with 228. This gave him a fifth round of par-or-better for the year.  

UConn freshman Logan Broyles competed as an individual and finished with a 25-over, 83-81-77 to total 241.  

UConn’s next tournament is set for March 27 through 29 at the Furman Intercollegiate, with competition taking place at the Furman University Golf Club in Greenville, South Carolina.

Sebastian Garay-Ortega is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached at sebastian.garay-ortega@uconn.edu. He tweets @sebastian__305.