Going Online: How to share your ‘fits at Zoom University

0
1
exc-5e7a9f54ddb1ef32f874f7f5

Though there are no more in-person classes for many schools across the country, you can still feel great and fashionable in the comfort of your home. Here are ways to dress yourself up at home.  Photo by    Burgess Milner    on    Unsplash

Though there are no more in-person classes for many schools across the country, you can still feel great and fashionable in the comfort of your home. Here are ways to dress yourself up at home. Photo by Burgess Milner on Unsplash

As many of you already know, schools across the country are shutting down amid the panic of the coronavirus. Although this measure is essential for the health and well-being of those immunocompromised and those susceptible to the virus, this also means that there are no more in-person classes. As the great words of @_4L3X1 on Twitter: “About to start emailing my classmates a picture of my fit every week. This sucks.” 

During this time of self-isolation, I am here to help you through these odd times to shelter in style, as well as where you can show off your quarantine outfits! 

The Living Room

Although this may seem a bit odd, desperate times call for desperate measures. Now is the time to revert back to your elementary school days when you used to show off your new Hollister outfits to your dad, to which he would always monotonically reply, “Very nice.” Either gather your siblings to the living room and have a “fit-off” or put on a self-timer to share with your Blackboard discussion board. 

Zoom Classroom

Take advantage of your new current situation and show off your quarantine style via online classes. Instagram is where a majority of people show off their ‘fits, therefore online web chats aren’t too different! Situate your laptop at a flattering angle with good lighting. To maximize visibility, pretend to drop your pencil and chuck it across the room. Then you’ll be forced to runway walk to grab it. Very fierce!

Bedroom Chic

Create a monotone sweats outfit for a comfy and fashionable look.  Photo via    whowhatwear.com

Create a monotone sweats outfit for a comfy and fashionable look. Photo via whowhatwear.com

During the cooler days of your bedroom self-isolation, you may find yourself snuggled under a blanket or in some sweats while doing your online school work. Release your inner Yeezy and create a monotone sweats outfit, complete with some gold or silver accessories. Throw on a solid colored baseball cap if you’re having a bad hair day. Last but not least, let’s be resourceful! Wrap that blanket around and tie together with a belt to create a stylish toga! Why not? No one’s looking!

Powerpoint Lookbook

To keep things personable, create your own day to day lookbook with a PowerPoint presentation! Take a photo of your outfit every day and email them to your classmates at the end of the week so that they won’t miss out on what you have to bring to the table. 

Although many of the suggestions above are to be taken as a joke, don’t let self-isolation dwindle your fashion inspiration and expression! Use this time to experiment with outfits and makeup in the comfort of your own bedroom. Use other methods to express your creativity, such as painting and designing outfits to use in the future. Now is a challenging time and although it is important to social distance and quarantine for others sake, that doesn’t need to stop your creativity!

Caroline LeCour is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at caroline.lecour@uconn.edu.