Count yourself where you would be, not where you are: 2020 Census update

0
0

In this Wednesday, April 1, 2020 file photo, People walk past posters encouraging participation in the 2020 Census in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, File)

In this Wednesday, April 1, 2020 file photo, People walk past posters encouraging participation in the 2020 Census in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren, File)

If a University of Connecticut student lived in an off-campus apartment, they need to complete the 2020 census with that apartment’s address, according to the UConn Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services website.  

Although students may have relocated due to campus closure during the COVID-19 pandemic, they need to be registered for the address they would have been living in. 

According to the UConn Daily Digest, students need to count themselves and all of their roommates as still living in their apartment because that is a more accurate representation of their living situation. 

“The census only happens every 10 years, and the community in which you are living considers you a resident,” the Daily Digest said.   

For students who lived in on-campus housing, campus administrators will include them in their count, so there is no need to file a separate census. 

Related Content:

Governor Lamont orders rental assistance covering COVID-19 losses

ResLife removes housing options to ensure medical isolation spaces for next semester

Rachel Philipson is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.philipson@uconn.edu