Connecticut breweries are raising money for hospitality industry workers

0
0
exc-5eaa0380e8f13b7deade8c3a

Connecticut breweries have joined together to raise money for members of the hospitality industry who have been greatly affected by the pandemic.  Photo via    Pexels   .

Connecticut breweries have joined together to raise money for members of the hospitality industry who have been greatly affected by the pandemic. Photo via Pexels.

Spring and summer are usually the busiest seasons for Connecticut breweries. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, that is not the case this year. 

The entire hospitality industry, especially breweries, restaurants and bars, have suffered greatly from the coronavirus pandemic. Many workers have lost their jobs and local breweries are struggling to remain in business. 

Due to this, Connecticut breweries have joined together to raise money for members of the hospitality industry who have been greatly affected by the pandemic. The Connecticut Restaurant Association has organized fundraising and 23 breweries across the state have joined the fight against coronavirus, lending a helping hand to fellow industry workers. 

Each brewery has employed unique fundraising techniques to raise as much money as possible. All of the money will be going towards funding hardship grants for the CT Hospitality Relief Fund. The purpose of this fund is to provide financial assistance to hospitality workers who have been laid off due to the pandemic or those who are up against substantial financial hardship due to medical problems. 

Bad Sons Beer Company in Derby partnered with Armada Brewing in East Haven to create a new beer named Comped. The beer went on sale April 18 and is available for purchase online. All proceeds will be donated to the fund.

The Connecticut Brewers Guild, founded in 2012 to promote the growing brewery scene in Connecticut, has also created their own limited edition beer, Guild Pils. The guild has pledged to donate a portion of the proceeds to the fund. Guild Pils is available for purchase at many breweries across the state while supplies last. 

The hospitality industry as a whole, not just in Connecticut, is one of many industries that has suffered greatly during the coronavirus pandemic. Breweries tend to draw in local crowds, and with stay-at-home orders in place in many states, a lot have had to shut their doors for the safety of their customers, which has resulted in them losing out on a majority of their sales. 

All Together, a worldwide beer collaboration that is brewed to support hospitality professionals, is another organization that has recognized the hardships this industry is facing and is fundraising on their behalf. This beer collaboration was created to raise awareness and funds for those who are struggling. 

All Together gives brewers an opportunity to give back to their local community by providing them with the tools to make beer at the lowest possible cost, and ask that a portion of the funds are donated to hospitality professionals in their local communities. Eight breweries in Connecticut have joined the movement.

During these unprecedented times, it is important that people look out for one another. The Connecticut brewery community has displayed unwavering amounts of support for their fellow industry members. It is crucial to continue supporting local businesses to help them survive this economic crisis. 

If you would like to donate to the CT Hospitality Relief Fund and help hospitality workers in your local community, visit ctrestaurant.org/relief.

Related Content:

Your favorite drinks, delivered

Quarantine’s effect on addiction

Emma Gehr is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at emma.gehr@uconn.edu.