Social distance with what’s coming and leaving Netflix in September

0
174
closeup photo of person holding panasonic remote control in front of turned on smart television
Photo by freestocks.org on Pexels.com

As the school year starts back up, chances are you’ll be scrambling to find some time to relax and unwind with your favorite Netflix shows. Luckily, Netflix is welcoming some great additions this month like the “Back to the Future” trilogy and “Zathura;” and be sure to check out titles before they’re removed like “Train to Busan” and the “Jurassic Park” trilogy. 

Netflix always releases a majority of new content on the first of every month, so be on the lookout for great comedies like Seth Rogen’s “Pineapple Express,” Chris Evans’ “Not Another Teen Movie,” Uma Thurman’s “The Producers” and Channing Tatum’s notorious stripper comedy “Magic Mike.” Some good family-friendly titles to check out would be “The Smurfs” and its sequel coming later in the month, as well as “Grease,” “The Muppets,” “Muppet’s Most Wanted” and “Puss in Boots.” If, by some chance, you’re a fan of the “Boss Baby” franchise, Netflix and Dreamworks are releasing an interactive special called “Boss Baby: Get That Baby!” that puts viewers in a job simulator in the fictitious Baby Corp.  

After Sept. 1, the month will slowly roll out new titles like “Chef’s Table: BBQ,” which will take viewers from the kitchens and tables of gourmet chefs into the pitmaster’s world of BBQ. On Sept. 3, Netflix will release its newest rom-com that stars Rachael Leigh Cook (“11:14”) as a broke lawyer and Damon Wayans Jr. (“New Girl”) as her charming new client in “Love, Guaranteed.” Another title to watch out for will be “I’m Thinking of Ending Things.” The film follows a young woman who travels with her boyfriend to his parent’s remote farm. Upon arriving, she starts questioning everything she knew about herself and her boyfriend. 

For fans of Netflix’s horror mystery “The Babysitter,” they’ll be delighted to know that on Sept. 10, the sequel “The Babysitter: Killer Queen” will be released. The film takes place two years after the events of the first film where Cole tries to forget his trauma and focus on surviving high school until old enemies resurface and he has to outsmart them once again. 

There’s not much known about one of the biggest releases of this fall, “The Devil All the Time” aside from its stellar cast starring Tom Holland (“Spider-Man: Homecoming”), Robert Pattinson (“The Lighthouse”) and Bill Skarsgård (“It”). Set to release on Sept. 16, the psychological thriller follows a cast of characters from the end of World War II to the 1960s.  

Some other noteworthy titles in the second half of the month are season one of “Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous,” “Enola Holmes” starring Millie Bobby Brown and season four of “The Good Place.” 

As for what’s leaving Netflix in September, make sure you catch some of these titles before they’re removed: “Christopher Robin,” “Once Upon a Time,” “Train to Busan,” “Tucker and Dale vs. Evil,” “Despicable Me,” the “Jurassic Park” trilogy, “Insidious” and “Million Dollar Baby.”  

For a full list of what’s coming and leaving Netflix this fall, check it out on marketwatch.com