Friday, April 19, 2024
HomeNewsUConn’s Fall 2020 Involvement Fair will be hosted virtually

UConn’s Fall 2020 Involvement Fair will be hosted virtually

Last fall, many clubs took on Fairfield Way for the Involvement Fair. This year, the University of Connecticut Involvement Fair will be completely virtual File Photo/The Daily Campus.

The University of Connecticut Involvement Fair will happen a little differently this year, as students will be able to learn more about clubs and organizations virtually during the week of Sept. 8, rather than one day on Fairfield Way, according to the Involvement Fair’s webpage.   

From Sept. 8 through Sept. 10, UConn students will have access to the virtual involvement fair, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. each day. The organizations participating will be separated into different time blocks and days based on category, according to Kristen Carr, the coordinator of involvement and student organizations.  

“The Fall 2020 Involvement Fair is a virtual format hosted through UConntact, UConn’s Engagement Platform,” Carr said in an email.  “Student Organizations and University Programs are scheduled into two hour blocks across three days based on general interest (category) to make it easy for students to find what they might be interested in and have enough time to visit several groups each block.”  

While the format of the event may be different than in past years, hundreds of clubs and organizations are still expected to participate, and there will not be any limitations on attendance of prospective students, according to Carr.  

“We anticipate several hundred groups at this event each day,” Carr said. “Typically the fall fair is about seven hours long in the sun on Fairfield Way. Fall Fair 2020 is spread across three days giving more accessibility to more students to attend.”  

To access the Involvement Fair, students should log onto the UConntact website. From there, they will have access to the home page that will show all clubs participating at that time, Carr said, as well as organizations that are providing live WebEx or Zoom links for students to watch live presentations.  

“Students will be able to check out descriptions, UConntact pages [and] can request to join or jump live into virtual calls with club members during the block,” Carr said. “This is a great way to get to know the group and what it’s all about!”  

For information about the specific organization lineups for each day, students should visit the Involvement Fair’s webpage, on the Student Activities website.  

“The Involvement Fair is a pre-eminent event at UConn,” Carr said. “Hundreds of student organizations are looking for new members to get involved and have plans for tons of activities throughout the semester and year.”  

Amanda Kilyk
Amanda Kilyk is the news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached at amanda.kilyk@uconn.edu