Hops 44 owner encourages students to be cautious, invites to dine outside

0
116
Photo by thehops44 from Instagram

Nancy McKenney, owner of Hops 44, said University of Connecticut students have been respectful of COVID-19 regulations since returning to campus.  

“I feel that they have all been respectful of the community,” McKenney said. “I have driven through campus and downtown a number of times and it shocks me that people are wearing masks while jogging and biking.”  

McKenney expects a rise in cases as the semester progresses. 

“I think that there will be an increase in positive cases because there is much more testing being done,” McKenney said. “I feel that people just need to follow proper mask wearing and hygiene protocols.”  

Since opening, Hops 44 has seen business from many UConn students. 

“All of the students that I have had in our restaurant have been very respectful of the COVID-19 rules,” McKenney said. “I feel that the students deserve a good education and college experience.”  

Hops 44 is prepared for COVID-19 and keeping the community safe, McKenney said.  

“We enforce distancing and mask wearing here at Hops 44,” McKenney said. “We also have two outdoor patios that people can use if they are uncomfortable sitting inside.”

“We enforce distancing and mask wearing here at Hops 44,”