In-person senior portraits starting Monday

0
192

University of Connecticut seniors can have their official yearbook photo taken starting Monday, Neal Krishna, Nutmeg Publishing vice president and yearbook managing editor, said.  

Nutmeg Publishing, the publisher for the university’s yearbook for graduating fee-paying Storrs seniors, will be partnering with Lauren Studios to take professional senior portraits. In the Student Union, room 221, a Lauren Studios photographer will be taking pictures Monday through Friday, starting Monday, Sept. 21 until Friday Nov. 20. File photo /The Daily Campus

Nutmeg Publishing, the publisher for the university’s yearbook for graduating fee-paying Storrs seniors, will be partnering with Lauren Studios to take professional senior portraits. In the Student Union, room 221, a Lauren Studios photographer will be taking pictures Monday through Friday, starting Monday, Sept. 21 until Friday Nov. 20, Krishna said.  

“Lauren Studios will be following COVID safety measures with the utmost caution,” Krishna said. “There will only be a single photographer maintaining social distancing and sessions will only last about 15 minutes.”  

Anyone in the class of 2021 can sign up for an appointment time using the email Student Activities sent on Sept. 12. If they deleted or cannot find the email, students can contact Lauren Studios or Nutmeg Publishing directly, Krishna said. After creating a LaurenStudios.com account and typing in their designated client ID, seniors will be able to reserve their photo session, according to the email.  

“You will be required to have your temperature taken prior to coming into the photo area and you will be required to wear a mask until you sit down to be photographed,” according to the email.  

For students who are interested in taking their in-person portraits, Krishna said seniors should book their appointments early to guarantee a spot.  

“Portraits from Lauren are a wonderful way to have photos taken at a quality and value otherwise unmatched,” Krishna said. “We strongly suggest that seniors consider having their portraits taken here in Storrs.”  

Although Krishna recommends that seniors try to get their portraits taken during the fall semester in-person, he said that there will be future accommodations for those who are unable to do so.  

“Of course, we strive to accommodate every student, and in the coming months, we will solidify individual provisions for those who feel uncomfortable having their portrait taken professionally,” Krishna said.  

For seniors who do not book an appointment through Lauren Studios, Krishna said there will be official communication from Nutmeg Publishing between late October and early November on what the next steps will be. Krishna said that any senior who has questions, whether it be safety measures or booking an appointment, can reach out to Nutmeg Publishing.  

“Rest assured that if you are a senior, we will find a way to have your portrait featured in the yearbook,” Krishna said.