NFL Week 3 games to watch

0
31

I’ll admit, this NFL season has already lasted one week longer than I thought it would. Being a Jets fan, that’s not necessarily a good thing. But now, going into Week 3, here are some of the most intriguing matchups around the league to keep your eye on. 

Rams at Bills 

Los Angeles Rams’ Darrell Henderson reacts after scoring a touchdown during the second half of an NFL football game against the Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Chris Szagola)

This week is huge for the Bills. Sure, they’re 2-0, and Josh Allen has looked very good thus far, but they’ve also only played the Jets and the Dolphins. This is the first time they’re going to face a competent team this season. The Rams aren’t Super Bowl favorites, but they’re still a really solid football team, so it will be their first real test. Can the Bills really dethrone the Patriots in the AFC East this season, or are they just pretenders? I think we’ll get the answer this week. 

Prediction: Bills are humbled, Allen struggles and Bills drop to 2-1. Their defense will do fine, but the offense will have a really tough time getting anything going. 24-13, Rams win. 

Bengals at Eagles 

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow looks to throw during the second half of an NFL football game against the Cleveland Browns, Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020, in Cleveland. The Bengals are looking to avoid their third 0-3 start in four years. They haven’t had a winning season since 2015. “Everybody’s itching for the first win, and it’s time to get that win,” rookie quarterback Joe Burrow said.(AP Photo/Ron Schwane, File)

This game? Really? Why should I care about two 0-2 teams? Well, these aren’t normal 0-2 teams like the Jets or the Giants. These teams actually have some talent. The Bengals have lost back-to-back one score games to start the season, and rookie QB Joe Burrow has looked like the real deal so far. As for the Eagles, after entering this season with lofty expectations, they’ve fallen flat on their faces. Carson Wentz looks horrible, the offense line can’t block anyone and the defense looks like swiss cheese. Luckily for them, the Bengals don’t have a very good defense either, so maybe the offense can get back on its feet. 

Prediction: This is Burrow’s coming out party. After throwing an absurd number of passes in Week 2, they’re not going to slow down. He’s going to torch the Eagles and get his first NFL win. The only silver lining for the Eagles? Wentz won’t look AS bad. He still won’t be great, but it’ll be a step in the right direction. 34-17 Bengals win. 

Cowboys at Seahawks 

Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson makes a catch for a touchdown against the New England Patriots during the second half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020, in Seattle. (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)

The Cowboys pulled off one of the biggest comebacks the football world has seen in a long time last week. After going down 20 points very early, the offense woke up and outscored the Falcons 40-19 the rest of the way to win by one. Meanwhile, the Seahawks came about one yard shy of letting the Patriots come back and upset them on Sunday night, stopping Cam Newton at the one yard line as time expired. This week, the two uber-talented teams will face off in what should be a very entertaining matchup. Will the Seahawks defense tighten up, or will they allow Dak to do whatever he wants just like the Falcons did? Can the notoriously underachieving Cowboys repeat their Week 2 performance? 

Prediction: The Cowboys come back down to Earth a bit and the Seahawks establish themselves as one of the top dogs in the NFC. The Cowboys won’t play horribly, but they’re just not on the same level as Seattle. 31-23, Seahawks win. 

Chiefs at Ravens 

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson (8) throws against the Houston Texans during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020, in Houston. (AP Photo/Eric Christian Smith)

Remember that awesome Chiefs/Rams game from 2018, where the Rams ended up winning 54-51, Mahomes and Goff each threw for over 400 yards and the defenses basically decided to take a night off? Well, I think there’s a chance we could see something similar with this Chiefs/Ravens matchup. Pat Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are the easy 1a and 1b in the NFL (don’t come at me Russ fans), so watching those two go head-to-head just sounds so exciting. There is real potential for a shootout here, and while the Ravens defense might be just a bit too good to allow it in Chiefs/Rams 2018 proportions, it’s Mahomes they’ll be dealing with. The Chiefs, on the other hand, don’t have a great defense. So when dealing with Lamar, all I can say is pray. 

Prediction: High scoring, minimal turnovers and just all around great football. In the end, the Ravens defense will give them the edge, but these two teams will establish themselves as the best in the league while giving us a preview of what very well could be the AFC Championship game.