Saturday, May 18, 2024
HomeNewsAnnual internship fair will be held tomorrow

Annual internship fair will be held tomorrow

The University of Connecticut’s annual internship and co-op fair will be held tomorrow for interested students to attend.               

The goal of the fair is to promote available entry-level opportunities and more for UConn students in a variety of majors and fields of study.  

“UConn students who have participated in at least one experiential learning opportunity such as an internship or co-op have reported a 16% increase in positive outcomes post-graduation,” the fair’s webpage says.  

Additionally, fair organizers hope that this opportunity acts as a place where students who are not sure about next career steps can go to get some guidance and clarity. 

This year’s fair will be held in the Student Union third floor from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Students can browse the fair and talk with this year’s employers any time between the four hour window.  

Employers who will be at the fair offer a range of positions including internships, co-ops, full-time and part-time jobs. 

“The UConn Internship & Co-op fair allows you to connect with employers from dozens of industries who are specifically interested in hiring UConn students for internship and co-op opportunities,” the fair’s webpage says. 

Students interested in attending the fair can log in to its website with their UConn credentials followed by a list of demographic- and experience-related questions.  

Based on individual student answers, the Handshake powered website will list the employers and jobs that will be at the fair with positions that best suit you.  

To register and see the full list of employers, students can go to the provided link. The fair website says that employers are continually being added to the list.  

It is recommended that students dress in business casual attire and bring copies of their resumes.  

1 COMMENT