Thursday, May 2, 2024
HomeNewsNew FlixBus services connect Storrs to New York, Boston 

New FlixBus services connect Storrs to New York, Boston 

New bus services provided by “America’s fastest-growing intercity bus service,” FlixBus, will provide direct routes from the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center to equivalent stations in Boston (South Station) and Midtown Manhattan (31st Street & 8th Avenue). Photo by Joel Tinner on Unsplash.

New bus services provided by “America’s fastest-growing intercity bus service,” FlixBus, will provide direct routes from the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center to equivalent stations in Boston (South Station) and Midtown Manhattan (31st Street & 8th Avenue).  

These lines will run once a day, five days a week, including weekends, with no service on Tuesday or Wednesday. Buses will provide free Wi-Fi and outlets and will go directly to their destination from the Nash-Zimmer Transportation Center, with no stops in between. The Storrs-Boston and Storrs-New York routes are integrated into existing lines that previously traveled directly from Boston to New York. 

The New York line will depart Storrs at 11:35 a.m. and arrive at Midtown Manhattan at 2:20 p.m. According to the Greyhound website, prices will vary day-by-day, with bus fees ranging from $9.99 across much of April to $30-$40 on some weekdays in March. All transactions will incur a $4.49 service charge.  

At 7:00 p.m., a FlixBus line will depart from Midtown Manhattan to enter Storrs at 9:50 p.m.  

The Boston line will depart Storrs at 9:55 p.m. and arrive at Boston’s South Station at 11:30 p.m. Prices are comparatively cheaper than those of the New York line, reaching as low as $7.99 (plus service fee) and as high as $33.49. 

At 9:45 a.m., a FlixBus line will depart from Boston’s South Station to enter Storrs at 11:30 a.m. 

“We are so pleased to provide service to Storrs, especially the thousands of students at UConn,” said Roald Schoenmaker, Junior Manager of Network Planning for FlixBus, “This new service not only provides students a convenient and affordable way to travel to Boston and New York City but beyond to anywhere in the United States or Canada.” 

“Regardless of where UConn students call home,” he said, “They can get there with this new service.” 

Tickets are available at the Greyhound and FlixBus websites or through either of the services’ mobile apps. As the buses are intercity, travel costs are not covered by the UPass.