Friday, February 26, 2021

Dionel de Borjastaff artist

View series

Squirrels (of the UConn variety)

Bonnie's Adventures

View all

Illustrations

Carson’s Commentary: Really, Flyin’ Ted?

Unless you’ve been living in a flooded Texas home without power for the last week, you surely have heard about Senator Ted Cruz’s decision to fly to Cancún. Not only does Cruz’s blunder jeopardize his political future, but it could not have come at a worse time for the Republican Party.

Carson’s Commentary: Where do Republicans go from here?

Saturday’s acquittal of former President Donald Trump has left the Republican Party in disarray—in such disarray that even politicians from the same state are split on the party’s future. Last week, South Carolinians Nikki Haley and Lindsey Graham offered completely different takes. Haley, the state’s former governor, said that Trump “let us down,” while Senator Graham called Haley’s comments “wrong.”

Tales of Tinder: A two-week investigation

Nellie Bly was a journalist best known for her investigative reporting of Blackwell’s Island Asylum.

A Thing of the Past: The 9-5 workday

The farther and farther we move into the future of business, the more progression comes our way. Though we have learned to embrace the change and utilize it in some fields, there are some things corporations have steadfastly kept, such as the 9-5 workday.

Just Stop Recycling

Recycling doesn’t work. Each year we produce an average of 300 million metric tons of plastic waste, most of it ending up in landfills or the natural environment. So stop throwing those plastic bottles and aluminum cans into “recycling” bins; they’ll just end up in the same landfill as everybody else's.

The Future Need Not Be Clear: Why Picking A Major Can Be Daunting

When we enter college, opportunities abound. We get to choose from dozens of different majors, and since we can combine majors and minors, there are hundreds of different combinations. For students who have spent most of their life before college cooped up in an area they know like the back of their hand with faces they've seen since they were young, such choices can be exciting. College can seem like a sea of possibilities, but that sea can also become overwhelming. And worse, we are expected to know exactly what we want from those hundreds of choices.