Thursday, April 25, 2024
HomeSportsNBA 2K17's new college feature includes UConn dream team of former greats

NBA 2K17’s new college feature includes UConn dream team of former greats

A screenshot from the newly released NBA 2K17, with a special in-game addition that features dream teams of college basketball’s most successful schools. (Photo courtesy of operationsports.com)

After the popular professional basketball video game NBA 2K17 was released last week, college basketball fans anxiously awaited the release of an in-game addition that featured dream teams of college basketball’s most successful schools. While it was known for months that UConn would be one of the 10 schools on NBA 2K17, the roster of Husky greats was not exactly known until the NBA 2K17 All-Time College Bundle was released in the Playstation and Xbox stores Sept. 17.

UConn’s roster is filled with familiar faces, and their top five players rate as good as any other of the team’s top players, if not better. Kemba Walker is highest-rated with a 95 rating.

The in-game feature showcases star-studded rosters for college basketball’s most successful schools. (Photo courtesy of operationsports.com)

Walker is followed closely by Huskies of Honor members Richard Hamilton and Ray Allen, both rated 94 overall. Rudy Gay (85 overall) and Andre Drummond (87) round out the Huskies’ starting five. Two-time national champion Shabazz Napier is listed as the team’s sixth man with a 90 overall rating.

Donyell Marshall (92), Charlie Villanueva (84), Clifford Robinson (87) and Jeff Adrien (81) round out UConn’s power forwards. Swingmen Caron Butler (87) and Jeremy Lamb (84) are the other Huskies legends available on the bench.

Gamers also have the opportunity to play with the all-time UConn team on a court identical to what is seen at Gampel Pavilion.

The Huskies join Arizona, Georgetown, Louisville, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Oklahoma, Kansas and Michigan State as part of the teams available in the bundle, and can be used only in quick play mode. The bundle can be purchased in the Playstation or Xbox store for $14.99, and individual teams can be purchased for $1.99 each.

Dan Madigan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus, covering women’s basketball. He can be reached via email at daniel.madigan@uconn.edu. He tweets @dmad1433.