As your new Associate Life Editor, I have taken over the Drink of the Week column, and for my first concoction, and first recommendation of the semester, I created the Sweet S(tart). Who doesn’t want to start the new year, new semester, or just a new night of drinking in a sweet way?
Luckily, I’m blessed with an aunt who loves to make drinks. She gave me liquor for my 21st Christmas, a full bottle of sweet & tart flavored vodka, the center of this new, sweet drink.
-Three Olives ‘Tartz’
– Rasberry Lime seltzer
– 2+ Strawberries &
– Lime Juice
– Granulated sugar (garnish)
1. Chop up your strawberries and place them in the bottom of your glass. Muddle them, or crush them, with the handle of a wooden spoon or a small whisk.
2. Add enough ice to fill the glass.
3. Pour 1 oz. of the Tartz vodka over the ice & berries.
4. Add a dash of lime juice.
5. Fill the glass with seltzer.
6. (Optional) Wet the rim of another glass, pour some sugar onto a plate and twist the glass upside down on the sugar to create a sugary rim.
7. Stir and enjoy!
Francesca Colturi is associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.