Profile of incoming Daily Campus editor-in-chief Chris Hanna

0
0
exc-5ad541fb562fa7b58d8ee392

Hanna said while the The Daily Campus’ methods of gathering news aren’t going to change next year, its methods of producing it may expand. (Photo via dailycampus.com)

Chris Hanna, an eighth-semester journalism and physiology and neurobiology double major who currently serves as The Daily Campus’ Associate Sports Editor, will be the organization’s 2018-19 editor-in-chief.

The Daily Campus is an independent, student-run newspaper that writes content by and for students, Hanna said. It consists of sections news, life, sports, opinion and photo.

“We do get our money from student fees, but everything we do is independent from the university,” Hanna said. “We try to give people on campus news that is relevant to them across all kinds of cultures and interests.”

Hanna said he joined The Daily Campus his sophomore year and has been involved in various writing, copy editing and production roles ever since.

“I was a little hesitant to get involved at first, but once I did, I found that I had a passion for it and got more and more involved each year,” Hanna said.

Hanna said next year will be a transition period for The Daily Campus, as the organization will begin producing more digital content.

“We’re going increasingly digital every year to go with the flow that is a changing news media,” Hanna said.

Hanna said while the The Daily Campus’ methods of gathering news aren’t going to change next year, its methods of producing it may expand.

“We’re going to keep providing students with the news and with what’s going on, but in terms of how we provide our news, we’re going to look to do more and more with multimedia,” Hanna said.

Additional 2018-19 executive officers are managing editor Stephanie Sheehan, digital editor Connor Donahue and incoming business manager Ryan DeRosa.

Gabriella DeBenedictis is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabriella.debenedictis@uconn.edu.