Student Union room floods

0
2

A flash flood warning was in place for Hartford, Tolland, Windham, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties until 7:30 p.m (File/The Daily Campus)

Monday’s downpour caused flooding in one of the rooms in the Student Union at the University of Connecticut, UConn spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz said.

Room 325 experienced some “water infiltration” yesterday afternoon, Reitz said. Two groups who had been scheduled to use the room, including UConn PIRG, had to relocate.

Reitz said facilities crews addressed the leak and checked if any of the carpet would need to be dried.

There was no damage to any other areas of the Student Union or elsewhere on campus, Reitz said.

A flash flood warning was in place for Hartford, Tolland, Windham, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties until 7:30 p.m.

The rainfall caused the North Branch River Park in Hartford to go into minor flood Monday afternoon, NBC Connecticut reported.

Chief Meteorologist Bruce DePrest said West Hartford received nearly 4 inches of rain.

Anna Zarra Aldrich is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at anna.aldrich@uconn.edu. She tweets @ZarraAnna.