UConn women’s lacrosse vs Georgetown preview

0
0
exc-5ad6a14a2b6a284cf9f60470

UConn's Women's Lacrosse team takes to the field against Cincinnati on Friday, Apr. 13. The Huskies played ruthlessly, dominating the Bearcats 20-8. (Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

UConn’s Women’s Lacrosse team takes to the field against Cincinnati on Friday, Apr. 13. The Huskies played ruthlessly, dominating the Bearcats 20-8. (Jon Sammis/The Daily Campus)

The UConn women’s lacrosse team will travel to Washington, D.C. today to face off against the Georgetown Hoyas.

The Huskies enter this game coming off a 20-8 win over the Cincinnati Bearcats on Friday. Senior Grace Nolan put together a remarkable performance in that game, scoring eight goals and adding three assists to lead the Huskies on offense.

UConn’s defense played a large role in this win as well. Sophomore goalie Grace Beshlian provided seven saves, and the rest of the defense helped limit the Bearcats to only 20 total shots. The Huskies, meanwhile, attempted 31 shots.

Georgetown enters this game coming off a 15-9 win over Vanderbilt on Saturday.

The Huskies will need to continue their strong offensive performance of late if they hope to win this game. The team has scored 36 goals over the past two games combined.

UConn owns a 7-7 record on the season with a 3-3 record on the road. Georgetown currently sports a 9-4 overall record with a 5-2 home record.

This is a Big East matchup. Georgetown is second in the conference with a 5-1 conference record. UConn sits at seventh in the conference with a 3-3 conference record.

This is also the third-to-last regular season game the Huskies will play this year. The regular season culminates on Saturday, April 28, with a trip to Wisconsin to play Marquette.

Today’s game will start at 3 p.m. in Washington, D.C.

Zac Lane is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at zac.lane@uconn.edu.