The Trump presidency has been incredibly successful

0
0

President Donald Trump speaks during an event for the Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride in the East Room of the White House, Thursday, April 26, 2018, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

By almost every single way of measuring it, President Trump has been extremely successful thus far. In my opinion, a president’s economic policy is their most important job. President Trump gets an A+ in this area. Second would be foreign policy, and President Trump has excelled here as well (as unexpected as this may be).

As far as the economy is concerned, it’s going unbelievably well. President Obama’s, “What magic wand do you have?” comment is looking funnier by the day. President Trump’s magic wand is twofold; it involves experience and common sense. It is common sense to cut burdensome, job crushing regulations and that is what President Trump has done (to the tune of 22 regulations cut for every one added). His experience as an international businessman is paying dividends in reworking old, lopsided trade deals that has crushed certain industries in the United States. China has already agreed to cut tariffs on car imports, despite the doom and gloom story the media pushes about a trade war.

The greatest part about this economic resurgence is that it is positively affecting many demographics in our population. The Hispanic unemployment rate hit an all-time low in December; the African American unemployment rate hit an all-time low in January.

The overall unemployment rate is extremely low as well. Just this month, fourteen states hit all-time record-low unemployment. It doesn’t matter if your political affiliation is right, left, center or other. This economic dominance is great for our country and it is due in large part to President Trump’s actions.

As far as foreign policy is concerned, it has been a great success. In the total mess that is the Syrian Civil War, two very successful strikes have been carried out against the Assad regime’s chemical weapons capability. These strikes didn’t start WWIII or force a regime change, they simply showed the world the United States would not stand for chemical attacks. President Trump has also held our allies accountable. One example is the fact that NATO members have agreed to spend more on defense spending after some persuasion from our president. But yet the greatest thing we have seen is the progress being made on the Korean Peninsula. If North and South Korea are able to end the Korean War and denuclearize the North, it would be a truly historic win for the Trump Administration. If President Obama had accomplished these foreign policy deeds in less than two years in office, he would have been viewed as the greatest president of all time by the mainstream media.      

One of the most entertaining things taking place before our eyes is that the very media organizations that hate President Trump are the same ones ensuring a landslide victory for him in 2020. Besides these groups, President Trump’s greatest ally is time. Since he started running in about the middle of 2015, the media has attempted to paint him as every horrific, slanderous term in the dictionary. To them he is a “bigot,” “racist,” “fascist,” “dictator” and even “orange Hitler”. They have brought up outlandish charges and accusations such as the Russian meddling probe and tried so desperately to turn a consensual sex act that occurred over ten years ago into the scandal of our lifetime. But these attacks are not hurting him. They are actually helping in a big way.

The first time a moderate or undecided voter heard these claims, maybe they believed them. The second time they heard them, they doubted a little. About three years later, they realize it is all completely false. Where is the martial law, rights-stripping tyrant promised by the media and political pundits? Every day mainstream media tries telling us a dictator rules the United States, and every day, more and more people are seeing their paychecks grow. Every day, people see an economy that is incredibly strong with unprecedented private investment and jobs that are coming back from overseas. People all across the country are receiving bonuses, pay raises and enhanced retirement benefits due to the historic tax cut. More and more people see the Korean War coming to an end and our NATO allies paying their fair share. People see the effective bombing campaign working on ISIS and the rebuilding of our glorious military. And more and more states will see their electoral votes go to Donald J. Trump in 2020.

Alexander Grzelak is a staff columnist for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at alexander.grzelak@uconn.edu.