Field Hockey: Huskies defeat Boston University 

0
1
exc-5bcd21eb0d9297e211e28a0c

File- UConn tries to defend a Princeton offensive attack on Oct. 7, 2018. (Eric Wang/ The Daily Campus)

The UConn field hockey team beat Boston University on Sunday afternoon 2-1. This was the Huskies’ seventh win over ranked opponents this season.  

Boston University (9-6, 5-0 Patriot League) scored first at the 23:21 mark on a penalty stroke from Ally Hammel, her fifth goal on the year. 

Svea Boker responded for the Huskies (4-3, 6-0 Big East) and tied the game just four minutes later. Maddy Wrap was credited with the assist on the play.  

Cecile Pieper, because who else, put UConn up for good after nearly an hour of play. The redshirt senior continues to lead the team in goals, now with 17 on the year. 

BU lead UConn in penalty corners 6-4, including three in the game’s final moments. The Huskies defense held strong to hold onto the lead and preserve the lead as goaltender Cheyenne Sprecher made all three saves before time expired.  

UConn’s offense was out-shot by the Terriers 8-7 but held an advantage in shots on goal of 6-4. 

The Huskies close out their season with a pair of games on the road. UConn will travel to Washington D.C to face Georgetown on Friday and will take on American on Sunday.

Kevin Arnold is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at kevin.arnold@uconn.edu.