HomeLifeWeekly Horoscopes

Weekly Horoscopes

Here's what you need to know about your horoscope for the week. (CSky65/Flickr Creative Commons)

Here’s what you need to know about your horoscope for the week. (CSky65/Flickr Creative Commons)

Mercury in Sagittarius, Venus retrograde in Libra, Mars in Aquarius: not that exciting. What is exciting: Jupiter has been chilling in Scorpio for a long time but will enter Sagittarius on Thursday. Two days before that, Uranus moves from its long sojourn through Taurus into Aries, in Station Retrograde. Tuesday and Thursday are both big shift days; things will change, moods will waver, energy will fluctuate.

Aries (March 21 – April 19): Uranus is moving in, so look out. It’s the planet of individuality and inventiveness, so this visit puts you in a good state of mind to make decisions for yourself and act on them right away. And an opportunity presents itself the very same day Uranus arrives: Election Day. Vote it up.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Your sign can’t escape the huge cosmic shifts this week. As Uranus backs out of your sign, you’ll be free of an influence. This change might seem frustrating because it’s out of your control. To compensate, control change in the physical world. How, you may ask? Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): A two-sided sign, you may be used to feeling as divided as the American political landscape. More than any other sign, partisanship should feel familiar. You may not like it, but it gives you an interesting perspective. You see both sides. Whichever side you land on, give it a voice. Vote today.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Do you ever read history textbooks and wonder how the 2010s will be explained to future generations? Will textbooks talk about growing meme culture, the popularity of hip hop, the conspiracies surrounding the Kardashian clan and the veneration of late night television? Maybe they will talk about the policies we decide when we vote tomorrow. Want to be more than a meme? Go vote.

Leo (July 23 – August 22): As a fire sign, your feelings are always intense. When something doesn’t seem right, you want to protest and start an organization and argue and debate and change minds. Voting alone seems too small. But it’s not.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Confidence isn’t easy to come by. It feels like you either have it or you don’t. If you don’t, every time you take a stand feels like victory. You may think you’re not smart enough to vote, you’re not informed enough, you’re not assertive enough. But hey, if you can finish the paper the night before its due, you can figure out what you need to know in time to reach those polls. Take a victory this week.

Libra (September 23 – October 22): The stars and planets can be contradictory. Will Venus be boosting you in your sign or draining you because it’s in retrograde? Will Mars bestow energy or leave you lazy enough to sleep with the lights on? One thing the stars all agree on today: You should vote.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): So Jupiter is heading out of your sign this week. In other words, the planet of good fortune and prosperity is ditching you. But wait, that doesn’t happen until Thursday. Luck will still be with you on Tuesday, so take advantage of Jupiter’s lingering power to fill out a ballot. Your candidate might just win.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Your ruling planet is dropping back into your sign on Thursday. It’ll boost your sense of self, but make sure you’re conscious of the people around you. It can be hard to see things from everyone else’s point of view. Why does your boyfriend keep forgetting to tell you things? Why does your professor think 200 pages of reading is reasonable? Why does Starbucks think it’s okay to bring out holiday decorations over a month from Christmas? Besides helping you prepare for Jupiter’s influence, this mindset will help you at the polls today.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Complain all you want, Capricorns. Complain about the weather and the buses and the food in the dining hall and the way television shows always start to suck after season three or four. Complain about whatever you want, but if you don’t go vote today, you can’t complain about politics. Everything else is free game, but no vote, no politics.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Your ruling planet, Uranus is moving from stable Taurus into fiery Aries. Aries’ energy boost will leave you looking around for something to climb, listening for a song you can dance to or keeping an eye out for a fight you can join. One thing you can do with this energy dump on Tuesday: Vote.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Sometimes Pisces get a bad rep. You’re too passive, too go-with-the-flow, too easily-influenced. That doesn’t mean you don’t care. And it doesn’t mean you can’t do what needs to get done. Show up all the haters, hit those polls today, take a stand and vote.