Tuesday, May 14, 2024
HomeSportsUConn Huskies Coaches Road Show is back for the second summer

UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show is back for the second summer

From last year’s Road Show, from left to right: Baseball head coach Jim Penders, women's basektball head coach Geno Auriemma, football head coach Randy Edsall and men's basketball head coach Dan Hurley. (File photo/The Daily Campus)

From last year’s Road Show, from left to right: Baseball head coach Jim Penders, women’s basektball head coach Geno Auriemma, football head coach Randy Edsall and men’s basketball head coach Dan Hurley. (File photo/The Daily Campus)

Several UConn head coaches are set to hit the road for a six-city tour of Connecticut from May 21-23, for the second year in a row. The Road Show, co-hosted by UConn Athletics and the UConn Foundation, will include visits to Mystic, Branford, Waterbury, Torrington, Hartford and Stamford.

“The UConn Huskies Coaches Road Show was a great showcase for UConn athletics last year and I am excited for the opportunity to participate in an expanded Road Show this spring,” director of athletics David Benedict said. “Our coaches and staff had a great time interacting with members of UConn Nation last year and I know they are looking forward to visiting with even more of our supporters this year.”

The Road Show provides alumni, donor and fans with the opportunity to meet and mingle with some of UConn’s coaches. Each event will feature head women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma, head football coach Randy Edsall and head men’s basketball coach Dan Hurley. Additional head coaches will be announced at a later date.

All six events will be open to the public and will have an attendance fee of $25. The only exception is the Waterbury stop at Buffalo Wild Wings where there will be no cost to attend. The Waterbury stop will be aired on a broadcast of The Rob Dibble Show on iHeart’s 97.9 ESPN. Fans will still be able to mingle with UConn head coaches and administrators during the show with no cost to attend, but registration is required. Food and beverages will be available for purchase at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Space is limited for each event, so all who are interested should click on the site-specific links below to register and for additional information.

• May 21 – Latitude 41, River Room – Mystic, Conn.

• May 22 – Stony Creek Brewery – Branford, Conn.

• May 22 – Buffalo Wild Wings – Waterbury, Conn.

• May 22 – Warner Theatre – Torrington, Conn.

• May 23 – Dunkin Donuts Park, Yard Goats Club Level – Hartford, Conn.

• May 23 – Chelsea Piers, The Loft – Stamford, Conn.

Michael Logan is the sports editor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at michael.logan@uconn.edu.