Jhene Aiko makes you meditate with ‘Trigger Protection Mantra’ 

0
5

Jhene Aiko released her first meditative track using alchemy crystal singing bowls last Friday, and the internet can’t get enough of it. 

“For people with anxiety or you feel stressed. Listen to it,” a fan told Twitter. “I’m having a moment where I want to walk down the aisle to ‘trigger protection mantra,’” another fan tweeted. 

The six-minute sound meditation aims to help listeners relax and focus, as Aiko literally sings, “calm down, calm down, calm down eventually,” in intervals of harmonic keys that match the bowls. Aiko said in a post on Instagram that the keys are “A (third eye), E (solar plexus), C (root chakra),” symbolic of freedom strength and love. 

Aiko posted a quote in her caption by Jeralyn Glass, owner of Crystal Cadence, the singing bowl and healing company that Jhene works with, that makes her goal with the song clear: “The E note will help in oversensitivity to criticism, will support in releasing the need to control and support the boosting of self esteem. Note of A will support release of nightmares and learning difficulties and strengthen high intuition and charisma. Note of high C connects to the cosmos, to the quantum field in the vibrational frequency of love.” 

The unconventional song aims to spread awareness about mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. This is not the first time Aiko has expressed her spirituality. In an interview with The Boombox in 2013, she talked about her open-mindedness of astrology, multiple religions and her interest in “drawing parallels” between them. Her passion for the greater good and individual sense of self resonates with fans. It’s sought after in today’s society where anxiety and depression are common, affecting over 40 million people over the age of 18 in the U.S. alone, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America

Aiko is working on her release of “Trip 2,” a sequel to the 2017 project “Trip,” according to Complex

You can check out Jhene’s new single on all platforms. Glass’s free healing music is available on the Crystal Cadence website and her personal website.  

Gabrielle Ferrell is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at gabrielle.ferrell@uconn.edu.