41 F
Friday, April 19, 2024
HomeLifeFive essential pieces for a Fashionable Girl Fall 

Five essential pieces for a Fashionable Girl Fall 

With temperatures dropping and leaves beginning to change color, autumn has officially arrived at Storrs. Along with Halloween, apple picking and pumpkin pie, there’s another reason to get excited about the beginning of fall: Fall fashion, of course! Here are five pieces that will easily take you from Hot Girl Summer to Fashionable Girl Fall. 

Blazers 

Whether it’s an oversized menswear blazer, a preppy plaid blazer or a brightly colored women’s blazer, this outerwear piece is a staple for any fall closet. The trick to making the blazer look cool is all in the layering. Throw on an oversized houndstooth-print blazer over a black hoodie, black carpenter pants and a pair of cool sneakers. Add gold jewelry accents and you’ve become effortlessly chic yet still warm for those cold fall days. 

Sweatpants  

Who said fashion can’t be comfortable? This season is all about the mix of high fashion and athleisure/streetwear. Grab a pair of bold printed sweatpants, like cool green lightning print joggers from Jaded London, to add to your closet. What’s great about a piece like this is its ability to be dressed up or down. Add a black cropped crewneck to make the outfit classroom-ready, or dress it up with a black tube top and green hair accessories for a night out. 

Platform sneakers 

Height + comfort + confidence = platform sneakers. Adding a pair of sneakers with a slight platform to replace your old, dirty canvas sneakers will automatically elevate any outfit — both literally and fashionably! Another versatile piece, the platform sneaker can be dressed down (wear them with the sweatpants and crewneck combo above) or dressed up (pair with your favorite mini dress). 

Flare jeans 

While many may associate flare jeans with hippie bell bottoms, flares are back with an updated, chic look. Both comfortable and extremely flattering, your flares will become your new favorite going out jeans. Pair a high rise dark wash pair with any cute baby tee and your new platform sneakers for the perfect casual-but-cute look. 

Graphic tees 

Whether oversized or mini, slogan tees are a great way to showcase your unique style and personality. Like all of the other pieces, think of ways to balance the graphic tee to achieve the perfect mix of high and street fashion. Throw on an oversized tee over a cropped turtleneck and plaid pants for a super cool layering look, or wear a baby tee under a pink cardigan paired with flare jeans — extra points awarded for color coordination when pink hair clips are added! 

Fall is all about being comfortable and chic, and with these staple pieces in your wardrobe, you’ll be able to take on the season in style. 

Lucie Turkel is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at lucie.turkel@uconn.edu.