Men’s soccer falls at Syracuse 

0
0
exc-5da68e7b05344470bb63467d

The UConn men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision at Syracuse on Tuesday night. The game marked the final nonconference contest on the Huskies schedule.  Photo by Eric Yang / The Daily Campus

The UConn men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision at Syracuse on Tuesday night. The game marked the final nonconference contest on the Huskies schedule. Photo by Eric Yang / The Daily Campus

The UConn men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision at Syracuse on Tuesday night. The game marked the final nonconference contest on the Huskies schedule. 

Junior Sondre Norheim scored the lone goal of the game for the Orange, as he headed a ball served in off a corner kick in the 55th minute. Syracuse largely controlled the game as they held the majority of the position and posted advantages in shots (12-3) and corner kicks (10-1).  

The loss dropped the Huskies to 4-8-1 while the Orange improved to 5-3-4. 

UConn’s offensive woes continue as they lack a consistent goal-scoring threat without leading senior forward Jordan Hall, who notched nine goals before going down with a season-ending leg injury against Dartmouth. The Huskies have scored just three goals in their past four games, with two of those coming in a 2-0 win against Cincinnati over the weekend.  

UConn will look to get back on track when they host UCF at Dillon Stadium in Hartford on Sunday at 7 p.m. 

Story Salit is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus and can be reached via email at story.salit@uconn.edu.