Be thankful for new additions to Netflix in November

0
1

Here’s what’s new to Netflix for November.  Photo by    Thibault Penin    on    Unsplash   . Thumbnail photo by    freestocks.org    on    Unsplash   .

Here’s what’s new to Netflix for November. Photo by Thibault Penin on Unsplash. Thumbnail photo by freestocks.org on Unsplash.

As spooky season comes to an end, it’s time to usher in November with a new list of binge-worthy shows and movies that are sure to keep you busy during the upcoming break. 

Thankfully, not much is being removed from Netflix’s catalogue. Some movies to watch before they’re gone are “Scary Movie 2,” “Caddyshack” and “Caddyshack 2”, “Groundhog Day” and “Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa,” which will be removed on Nov. 1. Other noteworthy films that will be removed are “Mamma Mia!” on Nov. 16, “Boyhood” on Nov. 25 and “Coco” on Nov. 29. 

On Nov. 1, “Queer Eye: We’re in Japan!” will be released. Although the fifth season is still on its way, the Fab Five stop by Japan to explore its culture and help four Japanese men and women. 

Season three of “Atypical” will also be released on Nov. 1. The new season follows Sam as he leaves high school and enters college, while the rest of his family deals with their own personal dramas. According to Newsweek, the new season will introduce Sara Gilbert (“Roseanne”) and Eric McCormack (“Will & Grace”) as Sam’s ethics and art professors, respectively.  

Season two of “End of the F***ing World” comes out on Nov. 5. It takes place two years after the end of the first season. In the trailer for season 2, James’ fate is still left unknown to viewers and introduces a new character who seems to be after Alyssa. 

On Nov. 8, Dr. Seuss’s “Green Eggs and Ham” will have its own animated adaptation on the streaming giant. The show won’t be directly adapted from the book, but it will feature Sam and Guy going on an adventure to save an endangered animal. Starring Michael Douglas (“Ant-Man”), Adam Devine (“Workaholics”) and Keegan-Michael Key (“Key & Peele”), it’s sure to be a fun watch for viewers of all ages.  

On Nov. 27, fans of Martin Scorsese will be delighted to hear that “The Irishman” will be brought to Netflix. The epic crime film, clocking in at a length of three-and-a-half hours, stars Robert De Niro (“Taxi Driver”), Al Pacino (“Scarface”) and Joe Pesci (“Goodfellas”). De Niro’s character is a former hitman, recounting a saga of organized crime in postwar America. The film is based on the book “I Heard You Paint Houses” by Charles Brandt. 

If you haven’t seen it, “Zombieland” will be a great watch on Nov. 1 before you take a trip to see the sequel in theaters. Other great films to watch out for in November are “Grease,” “The Matrix” trilogy, “District 9” and Seth Meyers’ new standup special, “Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby.” 

Some great shows that are all receiving new seasons are “The Crown,” “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power,” “Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj” and “The Toys That Made Us.” 

November is already shaping up to be a great month for new Netflix binges while you’re digesting all that food over break. For a full list of what’s coming to Netflix in November, check it out at gamespot.com.

Brandon Barzola is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at brandon.barzola@uconn.edu.