UConn MBA program ranks 29th among public universities 

0
4

The University of Connecticut’s Master of Business Administration program was ranked 29th among public universities, in a recent report by Bloomberg Business Week.  

UConn also moved up two places from last year’s overall U.S. rankings, which includes public and private schools, to 59th place. UConn MBA students scored highly for compensation in the financial, healthcare and technology sectors.  

“Our faculty share their insights and experiences to help students master the skills and language of business leaders,” UConn School of Business Interim Dean David Souder said. 

The rankings were calculated based on survey responses from 26,804 MBA students, alumni and corporate recruiters about their goals and experiences, as well as compensation and job placement data from each school.  

“Our staff work hard to connect students with opportunities contributing to the state’s future, including major corporations, entrepreneurial start-ups and non-profit, or community groups.” Souder said.  

UConn’s MBA program also scored well on rankings including climate for women, international students and the LGBTQIA+ community, as well as diverse socio-economic backgrounds. General business, financial analysis and investment, business analytics and digital marketing strategy are among the specializations offered by UConn’s MBA program. 

“The Downtown Hartford location of our full-time MBA program provides a setting where students can apply what they learn with local companies, enhancing their own business education, while contributing to the vitality of the capital region,” Souder said. 

These MBA rankings are the 19th set from Bloomberg BusinessWeek, which had been published every other year since its debut in 1988, until editors moved the list to an annual publication schedule in 2014. The MBA rankings for public universities were topped by Virginia Darden, with University of California-Berkeley and University of California-LA rounding out the top three.  

Nicholas Martin is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at nicholas.r.martin@uconn.edu