Women’s Hockey: Huskies look to keep winning at home against Vermont

0
3

The Huskies beat Boston College 5-2 in Freitas Ice Forum Saturday afternoon. This leaves the team at 6-4 overall in the season.  Photo by Brandon Barzola/The Daily Campus

The Huskies beat Boston College 5-2 in Freitas Ice Forum Saturday afternoon. This leaves the team at 6-4 overall in the season. Photo by Brandon Barzola/The Daily Campus

The UConn women’s hockey team is coming into Friday night’s game having won the past two games against Brown and Boston College, improving its overall record to a mark of 6-4. In their past two games, the Huskies have scored 12 goals and allowed two, while over the course of the whole season, they have scored 31 and allowed 18.  

Though UConn is currently in the midst of a hot streak, Vermont has won three of their last four contests, outscoring their opponents 12-6 in that span. The Catamounts have a record of 5-2-4 on the season and are outscoring their opponents 35-25 thus far in 2019. Neither team has played since Nov. 9, so both should be well-rested.  

UConn will look to forward Natalie Snodgrass to provide the offense as she has done all year long for the Huskies, collecting four goals and eight assists in the season’s first 10 games.  

Unlike the Huskies, Vermont is getting much of its offense from the backend of its team. The defensive duo of Maude Poulin-Labelle and Sini Karjalainen has combined for eight goals and 16 assists in the team’s first 11 games.   

Though UConn will have the home-ice advantage tomorrow night, it is only 2-2 at home while the Catamounts have a record of 3-1-2 while playing on the road.   

The game begins at 6 p.m. Friday at the Mark Edward Freitas Ice Forum.  

Ben Berg is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at ben.berg@uconn.edu. He tweets @bergywergy3030.