Melissa’s Menu: Thanksgiving leftovers ring

0
2

Thanksgiving dinner is delicious, but figuring out what to do with all of the leftovers the next day can be difficult. In this week’s Melissa’s Menu, I’m offering the perfect solution: Turn those leftovers into something new and delicious with this Thanksgiving ring recipe! It’s basically a giant crescent roll ring stuffed with mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce. You can even dip it in leftover gravy for some added flavor. It’s super easy to make and takes only around 10 minutes to prepare. This recipe is so yummy you won’t even realize you’re eating leftovers. 

Ingredients: 

1 (8 oz.) tube crescent rolls 

1 cup of leftover mashed potatoes 

Photo courtesy of    delish.com

Photo courtesy of delish.com

1 cup of leftover stuffing 

1 1/2 cups of shredded leftover turkey 

1 cup of leftover cranberry sauce 

1 tablespoon of melted butter 

1 tablespoon of garlic powder 

Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish 

Leftover gravy, warmed, for dipping 

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Unroll crescent rolls, separating each triangle. Arrange on baking sheet in a circle, with the pointed ends of the triangles facing outward and the bases overlapping. Spread mashed potatoes over triangle bases, forming a ring. Top with stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce. Fold triangle tips over the filling (there will be gaps where ingredients peek out between triangles). Brush crescent dough with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake until golden, for about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve with gravy for dipping. 

Melissa Scrivani is the associate life editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at melissa.scrivani@uconn.edu.