Free Husky Printing in preparation of finals week

0
4

Photo by Elizabeth He/The Daily Campus

Photo by Elizabeth He/The Daily Campus

The University of Connecticut’s Undergraduate Student Government will be hosting a free Husky printing week for all Storrs undergraduate students, Mansi Chapatwala, Academic Affairs committee chairperson and seventh-semester senior nutritional sciences major, said.

The free printing will be available from Dec. 2 to Dec. 6, Chapatwala said. There is a maximum of $4 worth or 80 black and white pages, at all Husky Print Printers, which are located in the Homer Babbidge Library.  

“It is the Undergraduate Student Government’s way to give back to students directly and save them a few dollars during a stressful time in the semester,” Chapatwala said. 

In order to get the free printing, students have to select the USG free printing tab when they are in the cost center, Chapatwala said.  

USG ran a free printing week earlier this semester in October to help with midterms, Chapatwala said. Student feedback was positive, which is why the Academic Affairs Committee decided to have another week for finals.  

“This way students can gear up for final exams ahead of time and print anything they may need,” she said.  

Chapatwala said she hopes the free printing can help students in a stressful time.  

“Free printing is something that most students would like to see on campus and although that is an initiative that will take time, we can try and provide free printing during the busiest weeks of the semester,” Chapatwala said. “Printing is an economic burden and if that can be alleviated, why not.”  

USG will also be giving out Final Care packages on Dec. 4 at 12 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom that will include a “thermos, emergency final supplies such as gum, pens, highlighters [and] post it notes” as part of their Finals Care Fair, according to USG’s Instagram page. 

Rachel Philipson is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at rachel.philipson@uconn.edu.