So you’ve decided to host your own Super Bowl party

0
1
exc-5e33878382e01937d742d72d

Are you hosting a Super Bowl party and have no idea what to make for your crowd? Here are two recipes that are essential for any Super Bowl party, and UConn’s Student for One Health’s delivery service.  Photo by    Nathan Dumlao    on    Unsplash

Are you hosting a Super Bowl party and have no idea what to make for your crowd? Here are two recipes that are essential for any Super Bowl party, and UConn’s Student for One Health’s delivery service. Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

One of the most important social events one could host is a Super Bowl party. Hence, the biggest let down is a Super Bowl party that lacks snacks; they can either make or break your game. There is much to prepare, so The Daily Campus has you covered on everything you need to know in order to score that touchdown with your guests.  

Buffalo Chicken Sliders 

Any game day is incomplete without chicken wings, but why not have it scream “patriotism” even more and turn it into a slider!  

Ingredients:  

• Hawaiian roll buns 

• Pre-made boneless buffalo chicken wings OR  

• 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken 

• Celery stalks 

• Crumbled bleu cheese 

• Ranch dressing 

• Sour cream            

Take your favorite boneless, buffalo chicken wings and assemble with ranch, blue cheese crumbles and julienne-cut celery sticks on a toasted Hawaiian roll bun.  

For advanced chefs, warm two cups of your own shredded rotisserie chicken with ¼ cup each of sour cream and hot sauce.   

Spinach Artichoke Dip 

I guarantee that if your party does not have any dip, you’re destined for failure. Therefore, making the alpha dip — spinach artichoke dip — is the way to go: 

Ingredients: 

• 8 oz. cream cheese (softened) 

• 2/3 cup sour cream 

• 1/3 cup mayonnaise 

• 2 cloves garlic (minced) 

• 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided) 

• 1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese 

• 1/2 cup gruyere cheese 

• 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry 

• 14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts (chopped)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic with a hand mixer until fluffy. Stir in parmesan cheese, one cup of mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, spinach and artichokes. Place into a 9×9 casserole dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese has browned. 

Deviled Eggs with Bacon 

An oldie but a goodie, deviled eggs have gone out of style around the globe, and so it is time to give them a revamp with bacon. These can also be used for  afterparty T.L.C. in case you celebrate your game win too hard- who doesn’t like eggs and bacon in the morning? 

Ingredients 

• Bacon 

• 6 hard-boiled eggs 

• 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice 

• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise 

• Pinch of paprika 

• 1 ½ teaspoons spicy mustard 

• Chives for garnish   

Slice 6 peeled, hard-boiled eggs lengthwise and remove each yolk into a medium bowl and place the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble and add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 ½ teaspoons of spicy mustard, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of paprika. Fill the egg whites with yolk mixture. Top with chives and crumbled cooked bacon.  

Delivery! 

If putting off game-day snack prep to the last minute is more your playing technique, never fear! UConn Students for One Health will be delivering homemade snacks on Superbowl Sunday from 3:30-5:30 p.m. to any on-campus location. 

Ingredients:  

• A phone, laptop or other device to find their online ordering form 

• A hungry person  

• Money   

Pigs in a blanket six for $3, onion dip $4, buffalo chicken dip $6, Bag of tortilla chips $2   

Caroline LeCour is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at caroline.lecour@uconn.edu.