Peart among 300-strong invitees for NFL Scouting Combine

0
3
exc-5e4201fb1f12287bd473f544

Former UConn player Matt Peart was one of 337 prospect selected to take part in the NFL Combine. He will get a chance to practice and play in front of professional teams to showcase his talent before the draft.  Photo by Eric Wang / The Daily Campus.

Former UConn player Matt Peart was one of 337 prospect selected to take part in the NFL Combine. He will get a chance to practice and play in front of professional teams to showcase his talent before the draft. Photo by Eric Wang / The Daily Campus.

Former UConn football captain Matthew Peart is among 337 NFL prospects invited to this year’s NFL Combine. Following his impressive showing at the recently concluded Reese’s Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama, representing the victorious North Team, Peart has his sights set on Indianapolis for the annual event.  

This year’s event, set for prime time, will offer prospects a chance to showcase their talent under the watchful guise of NFL coaches, general managers and scouts.  Commending Peart on his latest accomplishment, UConn football head coach Randy Edsall said he is “very deserving” via his Twitter account.  

The invite-only event facilitates performances from athletes through both physical and mental tests, and usually has a bearing on their draft status and salary, and ultimately their career.  The most high-profile of those tests is the 40-yard dash, which also weighs heavily on their prospective NFL career.  

The week-long event is set for Feb. 24 to March 1, at the Lucas Oil Stadium, in Indiana.  

Nicholas Martin is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at nicholas.r.martin@uconn.edu.