Summer entrepreneurship training available to undergraduates this summer 

0
0
exc-5e435ffe450d587a0f5e5186

The program, Experiential Entrepreneurship Research Experience for Undergrads (E2REU), is open to juniors and seniors at Connecticut institutions, and is held for 10 weeks over the summer at the UConn Storrs campus.  File photo from The Daily Campus

The program, Experiential Entrepreneurship Research Experience for Undergrads (E2REU), is open to juniors and seniors at Connecticut institutions, and is held for 10 weeks over the summer at the UConn Storrs campus. File photo from The Daily Campus

Undergraduate students at the University of Connecticut have the opportunity to take part in a paid research experience this summer, including entrepreneurship training and laboratory research from the UConn School of Engineering.  

The program, Experiential Entrepreneurship Research Experience for Undergrads (E2REU), is open to juniors and seniors at Connecticut institutions, and is held for 10 weeks over the summer at the UConn Storrs campus.  

“This summer program will give UConn students the unique opportunity to have hands-on research with faculty in UConn labs, leading to discovery of commercializable technology,” Dr. Hadi Bozorgmanesh, the head of the program, said.  

According to a flyer for the program, in addition to experience, students will receive a $4,000 stipend, fully paid housing in UConn residence halls and a $500 meal allowance.  

Bozorgmanesh said the program will teach students what it takes to build a viable technology project and startup venture. 

“It enables students to become more innovative and develop entrepreneurial skills, which are becoming more and more marketable for companies,” Bozorgmanesh said.  

Applications are due March 16, and more information can be found on their website https://ee-reu.engr.uconn.edu/apply-for-reus/.  

Ashley Anglisano is the news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu. She tweets @ashleyangl