UConn MBA program in top 20 of all U.S. public universities

0
0
exc-5e4b4778fd3ee771bdd1fab0

The University of Connecticut Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) was recently ranked as one of the top 20 public MBA programs in the United States by the “Financial Times” in their Global MBA 2020 ranking.  Photo by Eric Wang/The Daily Campus

The University of Connecticut Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) was recently ranked as one of the top 20 public MBA programs in the United States by the “Financial Times” in their Global MBA 2020 ranking. Photo by Eric Wang/The Daily Campus

The University of Connecticut Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) was recently ranked as one of the top 20 public MBA programs in the United States by the “Financial Times” in their Global MBA 2020 ranking. The UConn program was rated 16th among public colleges in the U.S., 42nd out of all U.S. universities, and 77th in the world.  

The ranking is based on 20 criteria evaluated using information from alumni survey responses, data from the schools and a review of academic journals, according to an article on the Financial Times website.

Criteria included average alumni salary, salary increase after earning an MBA, value for money, countries where alumni work, the percentage of faculty with a doctorate and the number of research articles published by faculty.  

A post on the UConn School of Business website publicizing the ranking noted the program’s high performance in the categories of value for money and alumni salary increase after earning an MBA.  

Professor Greg Reilly, head of the management department, said UConn is consistently recognized for its ability to provide a relatively inexpensive MBA program with a promise of a well-paying career.  

“As a flagship state university, we enable students to achieve incredible return on investment through reasonable tuition costs and placement in jobs well above the salaries our students were earning when they arrived,” Reilly said in the communications post. 

In the “Financial Times” ranking, UConn was considered the fifth best value for money of a public U.S. program and had the 12th highest salary increase out of U.S. public universities. 

The high ranking from the “Financial Times” is not the only that the UConn MBA program has received recently. Compared to other public universities, the UConn program was ranked as 29th best by Bloomberg Businessweek in their 2019-2020 U.S. business school ranking released last year.

Additionally, the recent high ratings from publications have extended to other UConn School of Business programs. Earlier this year, “The Financial Engineer Times” rated UConn’s Master’s of Science (M.S.) in Business Analytics and Project Management and M.S. in Financial Risk Management as the 19th and 30th best degrees in their fields, respectively. 

“U.S. News and World Report” ranked the UConn M.S. in Accounting program as the ninth best online non-MBA graduate business program in the U.S. in a 2020 ranking.

According to data from the UConn Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, 949 students were enrolled in the UConn MBA program during the fall 2019 semester at the Hartford Graduate Learning Center and Stamford and Waterbury campuses.

Henry Kulp is a contributor for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at henry.kulp@uconn.edu.