Developing Future Healthcare Leaders Conference this Saturday 

0
0

Orkan Olgac organizes the first ever “Developing Future Healthcare Leaders Conference,” which will take place this Saturday with plans to guide students into future careers and further discuss the business side of healthcare. Seven healthcare professionals will be presenting, five of which are UConn alumni ranging from 2012 to 2018.  Photo provided by Orkan Olgac.

Orkan Olgac organizes the first ever “Developing Future Healthcare Leaders Conference,” which will take place this Saturday with plans to guide students into future careers and further discuss the business side of healthcare. Seven healthcare professionals will be presenting, five of which are UConn alumni ranging from 2012 to 2018. Photo provided by Orkan Olgac.

The first ever “Developing Future Healthcare Leaders Conference” will take place this Saturday with plans to guide students into future careers and further discuss the business side of healthcare, event organizer Orkan Olgac said. 

“There are two objectives of the conference,” Olgac, president of the Healthcare Management Society said.  “Firstly, the open conversation about the business side of healthcare should help students expand their current knowledge about the industry and its problems, 19% of our GDP. The second is to provide them with the direction in terms of where they want to take their careers. The field of healthcare management is extremely broad and can be applied to a range of organizations and occupations.” 

Seven healthcare professionals will be presenting, five of which are UConn alumni ranging from 2012 to 2018. 

Anyone interested in the business side of healthcare is welcome to attend, Olgac said. 

Presentations will be focused on the guest’s professional journey and what they do in the industry currently. 

Kahoot games and “open networking” will give current students the opportunity to ask questions and have a more personalized experience. 

The event will take place Saturday, Feb. 22 from 12-4 p.m. in the School of Business, room 106.  Free pizza and soft drinks will be served in the afternoon with coffee and doughnuts in the morning. 

Luke Hajdasz is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at luke.hajdasz@uconn.edu