Roundtable: What’s the best uniform in the NFL?

0
11

Just a day after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers unveiled their revamped set of uniforms, the Atlanta Falcons let the world officially see their new threads Wednesday after they were leaked online the night before. The pair of new uniform sets got the DC Sports staff thinking, which team in the NFL has the best uniforms? With plenty of options to choose from, like the classic look of the Green Bay Packers or the contemporary Seattle Seahawks design, the section hashes it out in this week’s roundtable.

Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker is carried off field by his teammates after making a game winning field goal against the San Francisco 49ers in an NFL football game in Baltimore. Tucker was selected to the 2010s NFL All-Decade Team announced Monday, by the NFL and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  Photo by Julio Cortez, File/AP

Baltimore Ravens kicker Justin Tucker is carried off field by his teammates after making a game winning field goal against the San Francisco 49ers in an NFL football game in Baltimore. Tucker was selected to the 2010s NFL All-Decade Team announced Monday, by the NFL and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Photo by Julio Cortez, File/AP

Danny Barletta, Staff Writer

I believe the Baltimore Ravens have the best uniforms in the NFL. There’s something about purple in sports uniforms that you either love it or hate it, and I love it. The reason why I pick the Ravens over the Vikings is because of the black alternates. The Ravens’ black uniforms with the purple trim and white lettering are really sharp. Those are probably one of my top five favorite uniforms in all of sports. But I also love the all purple uniforms with the gold lettering. Those are really, really nice. And even the classic white and purple uniforms are great. Any combination of the white, purple, black and gold seems to come out good. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Ravens uniform that I didn’t like. Check them all out for yourself here.

Mike Mavredakis, Staff Writer

While the Ravens uniforms are clean, I am going to have to go with the San Francisco 49ers white uniforms. I just love the balance of colors here. The gold helmet sitting on top of the white jersey: incredible. The double red stripes on the sleeves as well, they’re spaced out really well and they help add an endpoint to the sleeve. Then there’s the gold pants with the red stripes down the sides, clean once again. These jerseys are spaced out so well and they perfectly complement quarterback Jimmy G’s brand. He’s the quarterback with the Hollywood looks and the splashes of gold to match.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Robert Quinn chases Detroit Lions quarterback Jeff Driskel during an NFL football game in Detroit in 2017. The Chicago Bears finalized a five-year, $70 million contract with former All-Pro pass rusher Quinn on Wednesday.  Photo by Paul Sancya, File/AP

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Robert Quinn chases Detroit Lions quarterback Jeff Driskel during an NFL football game in Detroit in 2017. The Chicago Bears finalized a five-year, $70 million contract with former All-Pro pass rusher Quinn on Wednesday. Photo by Paul Sancya, File/AP

Kevin Arnold, Associate Sports Editor

Call it bias if you’d like, but I’m a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys uniform set. The silver helmet and the big blue star on either side sets the tone for America’s Team. From the home whites and the silver pants to the “cursed” road blues with the stars on the sleeves, there really isn’t a bad look. Their all-white color rush is a top five uniform since Nike unveiled the series and once they matched the white pants with the blue jerseys, it was game over. That may be the best look in all of football. Another sign of a good uniform? The Cowboys have not had a redesign in my lifetime —  nearly 22 years. I’m just waiting on the day the NFL gets rid of the one-shell helmet rule so the Thanksgiving Day throwbacks can make their long-awaited return. 

Related Content:

What’s your favorite stadium food?

Roundtable: What would your walk-up song be?

The Daily Campus Sports Section – Can be reached at sports@dailycampus.com