YouTube channels to watch right now

0
1

While everyone is locked in their houses for quarantine, it may feel like the only thing you can do is eat food and sit on your couch. But POPSUGAR Fitness offers a healthy alternative, with plenty of at-home workout routines to keep you busy and in shape.  Photo via    POPSUGAR Fitness’ YouTube   .

While everyone is locked in their houses for quarantine, it may feel like the only thing you can do is eat food and sit on your couch. But POPSUGAR Fitness offers a healthy alternative, with plenty of at-home workout routines to keep you busy and in shape. Photo via POPSUGAR Fitness’ YouTube.

YouTube has built a large audience base due to its virtually endless library of video content. Whether you are looking to start a new fitness routine, need help studying or you want to indulge in lifestyle content, YouTube has a video for you.

Here are some channels that should be on the top of your to-watch list during quarantine.  

POPSUGAR Fitness

POPSUGAR Fitness has hundreds of at-home workout videos that are perfect for people who are trying to stay fit while gyms are closed. This channel has all types of classes that include cardio dance workouts, full body workouts and no equipment workouts. Many of the videos require little to no equipment, which is ideal for people who do not have access to weights. 

Quarantine offers a lot of time for people to hone a skill or even learn new ones. For those interesting in baking or cooking., Tasty offers plenty of easy-to-follow tutorials for chefs of all skill levels.  Photo via Facebook    @Tasty   .

Quarantine offers a lot of time for people to hone a skill or even learn new ones. For those interesting in baking or cooking., Tasty offers plenty of easy-to-follow tutorials for chefs of all skill levels. Photo via Facebook @Tasty.

Tasty

With 18.2 million subscribers, Tasty is the go-to YouTube channel for all types of cooking and baking content. Their videos feature recipes, cookware, famous chefs and much more. 

Many people are taking advantage of their free time at home to fine tune their cooking skills. This channel will provide you with the perfect platform to be entertained by while also learning unique recipes that take a modern spin on traditional recipes. Additionally, you can shop the Tasty Kitchenware line at Walmart to upgrade your cooking experience. 

TheStrive Studies

This channel is a great recommendation for anyone having trouble adjusting to studying and completing online school work at home. Jamie, the owner of the channel, uses the pomodoro technique to help viewers use their time wisely. This technique works by having you choose a task to get done, set a timer for 25 minutes and begin working on the task. Finally, once the timer goes off, you take a five minute break. 

For those college students who think they are on their own in the quarantine, YouTube even has channels for you. Danielle Carolan post vlogs about her life as a college student in the hopes of helping and entertaining those in the same situation.  Photo via    Danielle Carolan’s YouTube   .

For those college students who think they are on their own in the quarantine, YouTube even has channels for you. Danielle Carolan post vlogs about her life as a college student in the hopes of helping and entertaining those in the same situation. Photo via Danielle Carolan’s YouTube.

Danielle Carolan 

Danielle Carolan is a student at the University of Georgia. Her channel consists of “week in my life” vlogs, school tips, health and lifestyle videos, try-on hauls and a lot of other lifestyle content. She is currently home from college and quarantining with her family, and she is sharing with her viewers how to stay productive during quarantine, her morning routine and how her online classes are going. Danielle is a great lifestyle YouTuber who always has upbeat, positive content that will allow you to make the most of your time. 

Danielle also has a podcast called “Gals on the Go” that she co-hosts with fellow YouTuber and former Georgia Bulldog, Brooke Miccio. The podcast can be listened to on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. The episodes tend to be an hour long and are great to listen to while on a walk or while doing chores around the house. 

Yoga with Adriene 

Yoga with Adriene is a very popular channel that has amassed a YouTube following of over six million. Her videos cater to people of all levels and provide free access to a wide array of yoga videos, including those for weight loss, pilates, total body and relaxation. Yoga is a great way to relieve the stress and anxiety people are feeling during the pandemic.

Thumbnail photo courtesy of Facebook @Tasty.

Related Content:

The Undertow: Frank Watkinson reminds me of a better YouTube and a nicer internet

At-home Fitness: Stay active, even when you’re stuck inside

Emma Gehr is a campus correspondent for The Daily Campus. She can be reached via email at emma.gehr@uconn.edu.