USG president resigns, days after VP resignation

0
446

Just two days after University of Connecticut Undergraduate Student Government Vice President Alex Ose resigned, President Joshua Crow has followed suit.

The pair both cited the need for more diverse leadership within USG in order to best represent the student body as their reasoning behind the sudden decision.

President-elect Josh Crow stepped down from his position July 9th, 2020.  Photo via    usg.uconn.edu
President-elect Josh Crow stepped down from his position July 9th, 2020. Photo via usg.uconn.edu

“It is important in this time to ensure that marginalized groups have the platforms they need,” Crow said in an email. “It is my hope that my stepping aside facilitates this.”

Until elections in the fall, Crow said that Speaker Will Schad will assume the role of president.  

Prior to Schad’s appointment to Speaker this year, he served as an ACES senator.

In March, Crow and Ose won the USG leadership roles against contenders Jase Valle (P) and Guymara Manigat (VP).  

“I truly feel in my heart this is the right decision for the UConn Community as a whole,” Crow said. “I appreciate all the work each and every member of this organization has done. My full faith and confidence are behind Speaker Schad, the rest of USG Leadership, and the entire organization as they move forward to tackle some of the greatest challenges in UConn history.” 

Luke Hajdasz is a staff writer for The Daily Campus. He can be reached via email at luke.hajdasz@uconn.edu.