Get Toasted: Tips and tricks for brunching right now

0
118
person touching cup of coffee and plate with food
Photo by Daria Shevtsova on Pexels.com

Two things I have missed during quarantine are brunch and writing about brunch. What I have missed the most, however, is the friends I enjoyed the morning adventures with. With businesses slowly reopening and students heading back to campus, I thought now would be as good a time as any to bring back brunch, quarantine style. To kick it off, here are some tips and tricks I’ve acquired through reading various articles in my abundant free time on how to brunch quarantine-style.  

Disclaimer: Please check your local public health and safety guidelines before brunching it up! 

assorted foods
Photo by Trang Doan on Pexels.com

1) If you’re comfortable, dine in outdoor spaces!  

Dining outside is a great way to get fresh air and support a local business, while seeing friends. Plenty of restaurants have patios and outdoor spaces where you can social distance safely. Just make sure to bring your mask and don’t forget to tip! 

2) Zoom Zoom Zoom!  

If you and your friends don’t feel comfortable seeing each other in person, you can still have brunch over Zoom! Although still apart, you and your friends could enjoy the experience of showing off waffles, pancakes and other Instagram-worthy moments by each following a YouTube tutorial online. Then you can compare your finished products on camera. Don’t forget to take screenshots to post on social media! 

3) Don’t forget the outfit 

Just because you may not be sitting down at a brunch place or at your favorite local diner doesn’t mean you can’t dress up. Throw on your favorite brunch outfit — it doesn’t matter whether you’ll be meeting your friends in a park or online — you’ll feel like you’re headed to a cafe rather than your online class. Don’t forget to pose! 

4) Drive-thru your favorite spot 

If you don’t feel comfortable eating indoors, try grabbing your breakfast treats by take-out or drive-thru. Meet your friends in an open area where you can safely social distance and enjoy a picnic of hash and your favorite cold brew.  

5) Make it seasonal! 

Fall is in the air and so is pumpkin spice. Add a hint of fall to your brunch with a pumpkin spice latte or a dozen apple-cinnamon donuts from your local orchard.  

I hope some of these tips and tricks will help you find some sense of normalcy and a fun way to spice up your get-together with friends and loved ones, no matter how you do so.