Positive COVID-19 results forces Ted’s to temporarily close

0
219

A beloved Storrs establishment, Ted’s Restaurant and Bar or “Ted’s,”  is temporarily closed after two staff members tested positive for COVID-19, according to a post on their Instagram page.  

@Tedsbar posted on Thursday saying they are working side-by-side with the health department so they can get advice on how to reopen when it is safe to do so.  

“Despite our best efforts following and enforcing the recommended guidelines, two members of our staff have tested positive for COVID-19,” the restaurant said in their social media statement. “Under an abundance of caution and our ongoing commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff and guests, we have decided Ted’s will temporarily be closed.”  

When The Daily Campus called Ted’s, their answering machine recording said that they are hoping to reopen soon. It did not allow any voicemails to be saved.  

“For the safety of our staff, customers and community, we are currently closed,” the recording said. “We hope to be open and serve you again soon.”  

Ted’s Restaurant and Bar initially reopened in the end of March for delivery and take-out only, according to @Tedsbar. They created an outdoor patio for dining purposes in the beginning of June. Since the patio has reopened, Ted’s had their Senior Skip Day make-up on June 20 and “Shark Week” in mid-August with Shark Bite Beavers.   

According to the Hartford Courant, Huskies Bar & Restaurant and Huskies Tavern, another nearby popular bar, was temporarily closed in August after the local health district received complaints. The complaint focused on Huskies having a large number of patrons on the weekend of Aug. 22 and the appearance of breaking public health rules on face masks and social distancing. They have since reopened.  

It still remains unclear when Ted’s will reopen and how they will do so.