UConn student dies in off-campus car crash

0
1

A University of Connecticut student died early Saturday morning in an off-campus car crash, according to Coventry Police. 

Cole Montefusco was an eighth-semester finance major. He was a HuskyTHON morale captain and a member of the Zeta Beta Tau social fraternity.

Montefusco was also a member of the Delta Sigma Pi professional business fraternity and held a Bank of America Merrill Lynch internship position.

“[Montefusco] exemplified the UConn spirit in his academic perseverance, community involvement and pursuit of his goals,” according to a UConn press release. “Although his life was tragically cut short, his impact will be long-lasting and his memory will be deeply treasured.” 

A HuskyTHON morale practice scheduled for Sunday morning was canceled and staff from UConn Mental Health were available to meet with members, according to an email sent to HuskyTHON Morale Captains. 

The crash occurred on Route 44 in Coventry on Feb. 1, 2020 at 4:03 a.m. The crash remains under investigation. 

Resources: 

The Mental Health Office at Student Health and Wellness is located on the fourth floor of Arjona (337 Mansfield Road, Storrs, CT 06269) and is open during normal business hours Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours, weekends and holidays, call 860-486-4705 and stay on the line. 

The Dean of Students office on the second floor of the Wilbur Cross Building (233 Glenbrook Road, Storrs, CT 06269) is also available to assist students in need. You can make an appointment by calling 860-486-3426 or stop in Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. 

Ashley Anglisano is the news editor for The Daily Campus. She can be reached by email at ashley.anglisano@uconn.edu.