What have our photographers been up to?

0
5

We asked our photographers to share photos of what the world around them looks like right now. Some have been outside in nature, others have seen the campus and others have gone to barren shelves in grocery stores.

The main attraction of the 1000 acres in the state park include Eightmile River's Chapman Falls, which is one of a kind in the area. The river flows along the main stretch of the park entrance road, and is host to several fantastic trails, and invites exploration.  Photo by Avery Bikerman/The Daily Campus

The main attraction of the 1000 acres in the state park include Eightmile River’s Chapman Falls, which is one of a kind in the area. The river flows along the main stretch of the park entrance road, and is host to several fantastic trails, and invites exploration. Photo by Avery Bikerman/The Daily Campus

Exploring Devil's Hopyard State Park is one of the few escapes into nature on the shoreline, located in East Haddam, CT.  Photo by Avery Bikerman/The Daily Campus

Exploring Devil’s Hopyard State Park is one of the few escapes into nature on the shoreline, located in East Haddam, CT. Photo by Avery Bikerman/The Daily Campus

The Price Chopper in Storrs, Connecticut remains well stocked in comparison to some stores, but still bears empty shelves of canned goods, toilet paper, paper towels, and disinfecting products.  Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

The Price Chopper in Storrs, Connecticut remains well stocked in comparison to some stores, but still bears empty shelves of canned goods, toilet paper, paper towels, and disinfecting products. Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

A sign in the line for pick up meals in South Dining Hall reminds students to remain distant from one another while waiting to enter.  Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

A sign in the line for pick up meals in South Dining Hall reminds students to remain distant from one another while waiting to enter. Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

UConn’s iconic Johnathan husky statue stands roped off to the public on a snowy and quiet campus. A sign in front of the statue reads “Johnathan thanks you for keeping your social distance,” - a reminder to maintain social distancing from others to avoid the spread of coronavirus.  Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

UConn’s iconic Johnathan husky statue stands roped off to the public on a snowy and quiet campus. A sign in front of the statue reads “Johnathan thanks you for keeping your social distance,” – a reminder to maintain social distancing from others to avoid the spread of coronavirus. Photo by Maggie Chafouleas/The Daily Campus

A hiker pauses and takes in the sunset at Castle Craig in Meriden, Connecticut.  Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

A hiker pauses and takes in the sunset at Castle Craig in Meriden, Connecticut. Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

Shelves usually stocked with ramen at A Dong Supermarket, an Asian grocery store in West Hartford Connecticut, are almost empty following the announcement of a statewide closure of grocery stores by 8 p.m.  Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

Shelves usually stocked with ramen at A Dong Supermarket, an Asian grocery store in West Hartford Connecticut, are almost empty following the announcement of a statewide closure of grocery stores by 8 p.m. Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

A Newington, Connecticut looks out at the town at the peak of the Cedar Mountain Hiking Trail. Social distancing has meant more time spent out in nature for many residents.  Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

A Newington, Connecticut looks out at the town at the peak of the Cedar Mountain Hiking Trail. Social distancing has meant more time spent out in nature for many residents. Photo by Kimberly Nguyen/The Daily Campus

A UConn student jumps his bike in 20 degree weather to enjoy some trails near the Meshomasic State Forest on the eighteenth of January.  Photo by Kevin Lindstrom/The Daily Campus

A UConn student jumps his bike in 20 degree weather to enjoy some trails near the Meshomasic State Forest on the eighteenth of January. Photo by Kevin Lindstrom/The Daily Campus

A flowing waterfall in Enders State Forest this spring. The river has multiple waterfalls and trails conecting all of them.  Photo by Kevin Lindstrom/The Daily Campus

A flowing waterfall in Enders State Forest this spring. The river has multiple waterfalls and trails conecting all of them. Photo by Kevin Lindstrom/The Daily Campus